1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Wow... I just can't believe how hard it is to find...

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by rexcrk, Jun 15, 2007.

1. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Animal with the Electric Mayhem Stage and Zoot!

I mean, seriously, these are the last 2 I need to complete my collection (well... by that I mean have all the regular release figures, so that excludes repaints and exclusives) and looking on eBay there are very few auctions with those particular figures and those few go for VERY high prices.

Someone want to make me feel better and tell me that it's hard to find any other figures? (Ones I actually have... Lips is hard to find right? RIGHT?) :crazy:

:rolleyes:
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Yes, Lips is totally hard to find. He's in ranges of $50-$60 right now.
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I have read that series 3 (which is the series that Zoot was part of) had the lowest production run in the entire line, so that might explain Zoot's scarcity on ebay.
  4. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Yeah I've read that too, which is a total bummer IMO.

Actually I just did a search for Scooter and all I could find was Superhero Scooter and Usher Scooter figures... I guess I should stop whining huh? :p

Seriously though I am glad to have a lot of the really cool stuff I do have, such as the Backstage playset, Sweetums, Jim Henson, and all my regular release figures which seem to be pretty hard to find (I just never noticed since I never searched for ones I already had lol)
  5. pain

pain New Member

Are you looking for MOC/MIB, or loose?
  6. dubb311

dubb311 New Member

I have a electric mayhem.

I have both loose and in box. I used to be a big collector. I have not been around for a bit. But I know I have them tucked away. Was actually looking at them a few weeks ago.

If you are interested. Email.

devol_evol@yahoo.com
  7. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

That's totally a part of it, series three was the last of it being "Muppet Show" and than they went to "Muppets" in general.

But yeah thoes figures are very hard to find, you would have to spend some big bucks on ebay to get your hands on them. I have Zoot (yellow) in my collection and it did cost me a cool $70 and that was a few years ago. Now his is in the like the 100 range. But I think it's safe to say that just about all the Muppet figures are getting higher in price. I think the two biggest ones might be Zoot (red) and Lips (White), and for playsets Animal and the stage and Rowlf and the Backstage stage are also really up there.
  8. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I e-mailed you from suicidegodpill@aol.com asking which muppets you have please get back to me.
  9. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

I have a few of the Muppet figures (maybe about 10-12 total). Not a huge collection but I am just lucky and greatful to have gotten a Jim Henson and Rainbow Connection Kermit/Robin before they started going for over 50 bucks! Those are really the only figures I care most about in my collection.
  10. CustomCreator

CustomCreator New Member

Just got outbid for a Scooter. My max bid was $30, and it got beat.

I got Zoot in a whole "Electric Mayhem" lot on Ebay a while back. The whole set with Zoot, Dr Teeth, Janice and Flyod was like $35 or something. I thought I was getting a steal till they came in and Zoot was missing his hat. Everything else was fine, but what a dissapointment. Oh well, at least I have him.
  11. Engineernerd

Engineernerd New Member

Which Scooter regular or Super? I have an extra Super.
  12. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Yeah i payed almost $80bucks for my Rainbow Connection Kermit/Robin on eBay a few years ago! I havnt seen one on there since, as for the Jim fig... STILL lookin'... i almost had one last month but i got out bid! :sympathy: oh welll :smirk:
  13. JJandJanice

My collection is getting pretty big right now. I just won a few more of Ebay. My collection also has some rares including Jim Henson, Super Grover, and the Piggy and Kermit Wedding set, :halo: .
  14. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

So, just thought I'd share the amazing thing that happened to me last night, I was bidding on a Super Grover figure on eBay, max bid was sixty dollars, and I got it for under forty! :excited: Oh I was so happy to get such a rarity for such a low price! :D
  15. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Well, looks like my whining paid off! I placed a bid on an Animal with Electric Mayhem stage playset for $40 and got outbid... but then was given a second chance offer! So I got the playset for $40... but the shipping was $31. The seller made a bit of an error because they said shipping would only be $10 but I didn't really care because now I have the set! I have to figure out where I'm gonna put it in my limited space for the main collection!

It's soooo awesome though. Now I just gotta track down Zoot. :cool:
  16. karamazov80

karamazov80 New Member

You and me both. Zoot is so expensive on eBay, but you can't have the Mayhem without him. . .I'm just getting into the figures, and my first priority was getting the whole Electric Mayhem. I think I'll bite the bullet come next paycheck and just pay whatever it takes. . .for a little piece of painted plastic. . .
  17. JJandJanice

That's what it's like to collect action figures. Speaking as someone who collects, maybe, a bit too much.
  18. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Just starting? Good luck my friend!

I was fortunate in that I only started collecting when Series 4 started (you can thank Mr. Samuel Arrow for that... seeing him was what put me over the edge and said "ok, I'm collecting this line") so I was able to get most of the earlier ones no problem. Kermit and Piggy were easy to find, and Rowlf, Scooter, Crazy Harry, and Lew Zealand were still available on amazon.com. Somehow the Muppet-collecting gods shined some light on me and I was able to find Dr. Teeth at Toys R Us a while after it originally came out. So then I scooped every regular-release from series 5-onward.

Then I found Bunsen, Fozzie, Floyd, and now Animal with stage on eBay.

So like I said, good luck finding all the ones you want!
  19. karamazov80

karamazov80 New Member

Thanks. I'm sorry that I missed out on that run. I knew that they were out, but my priorities at the time were not collecting things, and now I'm playing catch-up. But honestly, I'm not worried, as I can find what I am looking for, I just have to allow for those luxuries in my budget at the beginning of the month (i.e. when I get paid). Apart from Zoot, the main Muppet that I'm trying to get now is Rowlf with the backstage set, but it gets a lot too pricey on eBay for me at the moment. I'm going to try to sell some of my stuff there soon and use the profits to justify paying the insane money it takes to buy the dang thing.
  20. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Well, I just managed to get myself a Zoot figure on eBay! Mint on card and everything! It cost me $99.45 including insurance but I'd say it was worth it to complete my Muppet figure collection. And by complete, I mean have all the regular-release figures minus the repaints.

WOO HOO! :D :cool: