Wow! Where is the summer going?

King Jim

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I haven't been here in a while an the summer is going by so quick. I can't believe it. Before you know it it will be christmas lol. But I hope everyone is having a great summer. Because I know I am.

Skye

Reaction score
I know it, it's amazing that it's August already. It will be fall before we know it... (shhhh, if you listen really closely, you can hear Snowthy cheer! :wink:). Time really does go so fast sometimes! But I'm glad you're having a good summer! :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What do you mean "where is the summer going"? ! Summer is hanging around, watching a football game, having a couple of beers, having one night stands, having a couple of more beers, hanging out at the burger joints, and... basically, it's STILL hanging around, and it doesn't look summer will be going anywhere anytime soon; it'll probably still be here till October or so, THEN it'll slowly start the fall transition.

Skye

Reaction score
What do you mean "where is the summer going"? ! Summer is hanging around, watching a football game, having a couple of beers, having one night stands, having a couple of more beers, hanging out at the burger joints, and... basically, it's STILL hanging around...
Lol Snowthy, what a great description. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lol Snowthy, what a great description. :wink:
Wellp, that's your typical summer where I live.

"Summer" feels like it starts around May or so (which makes sense since school lets out then), mid-day highs range anywhere between the low 70s and low 80s; it always seems like summer is always in such a hurry to get here!

By June, the highs rise, and so so does the heat, then you start to see mid-day highs reaching up into the mid-to-upper 80s.

July is a killer, it gets even hotter, and the heat gets even higher, and your mid-day highs can even get up into the 90s.

In August, that's when it's the worst, as by then, the mid-day highs can reach up into the 110s, and it gets REALLY dry, humid, hazy, and just plain miserable.

September, it's still pretty warm, but it can slowly dip back down into the 80s; like I said, summer still likes to linger around for a while.

By the time October gets here, it does slowly start to feel fall-like, the leaves finally start to change, the ridges slowly go from dark green to a medley of reds, oranges, golds, and browns, leaves start covering yards, and it gets slightly chillier with the mid-day highs will range between the low 70s to, thanfully, the upper 60s.

Once November is here, it's REALLY fall-like. By the end of the month, the trees are usually dead, the grass starts turning tan, the leaves on the ground multiply, and then, it can get a little nippy with temperatures ranging from the 60s to the 50s.

December is pretty much the same.

January is about the same, except by then it can get as cold as the 40s during the day, and MAYBE, we'll get ONE over-night snow.

February is about the same as January, only without any snow.

By the time March gets here, we barely get to see what a good winter is like because summer takes up so much time, that by the time winter gets here, fall still has to have its three months, and by the time fall lets winter shows up, then spring just HAS to slide in for it's proper three months. The temps start rising again to 60s and 70s, while leaves on the ground disappear, grass turns green again, as do the trees.

April is the same as March.

So, there you go, the four seasons, according to Snowth.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*blink* I agree. :stick_out_tongue:

It is SO hot... all this week it's supposed to be in the 100s. I'm going to meeeelt!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I go back to school in 11 days! Icky! I am scared I'm going to get lost in my new-ish school. Its just one big round circle, with 5 smaller circles with dozens of classrooms in each of those smaller circles and I think the gym is in the center of the building. Its got like, 5 offices too. And I only have one class with my friend. Drama...At least I dont have to suffer in it with all those eyes staring at you. Ugh...many, many eyes, watching you make a fool of yourself. People scare me. I dont like people. Someone I dont know can say hi to me and I will act as if I just saw a ghost. But enough with my social problems. Back to summer!

Summer really did go by fast. But the heat isnt. I cant wait till winter. Even the winter is hot, but at least its not in thr 100s. Man, I miss snow. SNow is just a fantasy here. I am from the north and we always found it funny how they close schools when one flurry falls, lol. You kinow, I'm just going to shut up because I keep going off the topic of summer...

PS...we checked into a hotel from sunday to tuseday, just cause we wqanted to go swimming, lol. Its only a few minutes away though, so its not like we are driving a great distance to get there

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I once read a joke about the four seasons in Canada: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Road Work / Construction. :stick_out_tongue:

I am from the north and we always found it funny how they close schools when one flurry falls, lol.
I'm SO JEALOUS! We used to have to go to school when the roads were covered in sheets of ice, because we'd already HAD a snow day that week and they didn't want to cancel too much school. :eek:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm SO JEALOUS! We used to have to go to school when the roads were covered in sheets of ice, because we'd already HAD a snow day that week and they didn't want to cancel too much school. :eek:

It just occured to me I didnt really clarify that statement. I live in the south now. And basically, if one snowflake falls they issue a snow warning and usually started school late. if there was many flurries or the road was icy, they would cancel alltogether. In the north, we would have school even when there was 3 feet of snow. I remember there was a blizzard and there was like, 3-4 feet of snow and we still had school. I didnt go, but after the first day, we had no school for like, 4 days :smirk: I miss that

But here we get NO SNOWDAYS. so if we miss a day, we have to make it up, which isnt good