Write it Down

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought I'd talk a bit about the Sesame Street song "Write it Down". Sesamestreet.org recently added the rap version with Maria, Luis, David, and Forgetful Jones: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_p...e7b-233d-4db6-a090-30fbcb81db30/write_it_down

It is a good song. Interestingly, it could be shown either before or after Luis and Maria got married. David and Luis seem to be treated equally, and it's hard to tell if she's in a relationship with either just by watching that clip.

There was another version of the song, using a vaudville tune and sung by Maria, Luis (or was it Bob?), and Gordon to Forgetful Jones. I haven't seen that version in a long time, and I haven't seen any images online, so I guess it is fairly scarce (though I don't think of it as a "holy grail", not in the same way as "There's a Hole in the Bucket" and "Henson #1" used to be). Though I wonder if that version was the same song or a different song with the same title. In the vaudville version, the only lyrics I can remember are the title lyrics (being repeated a bit). I can remember vaudville-style music. But from the melody I'm remembering, I couldn't imagine the rap version being the same song in vaudville form, unless some lyrics were rewritten to fit in with the vaudville theme (I know there are songwriting databases or whatever... Anybody come across two "Write it Down" songs?).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I find Maria's entrance dance hilarious. I kinda think them all leaning on each other during the chorus looks akward. I had imagined it being a split-screen type segment.

Also, Luis' eyebrows seem to have a mind of their own.