Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss DVD

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Columbia Tri-Star has announced that they will be releasing the Jim Henson produced, "Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss" on DVD.

The exact title of the disc is "The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss: The Cat's Playhouse". It will be 72 minutes long and will be released on October 21st.

Wubbulous aired on Nickelodeon in the US for several years in the mid-nineties.

scarecroe

Reaction score
You know, I was going to say, "gee that's a random product to release," but with the live action Cat In the Hat movie coming out this Thanksgiving, it makes perfect sense.

Finally I'll get a chance to see this show and check out the work of those who have become some of the more prominent Henson performers today. Sounds like there'll be 3 episodes included, I'll look forward to it!

Beauregard

Reaction score
scarecrow said:
I'll look forward to it!
Me too. I don't know if I will get it when it comes out, but this IS something I have wanted to see for a long time.

Bea:zany:{BUT I have to get VMMC first}regard

rexcrk

Reaction score
I remember Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss! That was actually a pretty good show :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
By the way the suggested list price on this DVD is only $9.95. It is also possible there may be more of them.

For those of you who saw the series a few years ago on TV, what did you like about it? Any particular stories that you hope are included on the DVD?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I liked the stories w/ Horcse the Elephant and his Baby and the Kangaroo characters and the Cat A, B, C and Z. Is that all the Cats that appeared on the show or were there other Cat letter hats on there? I can't remember expect the ones I named.

Aaron

Reaction score
my sister used to watch that show when it was on she loved it i didn't

Drtooth

Reaction score
A BArgain book store got a bunch of videos in a while back, sold them for 5 bucks, I believe... I meant to get one to see it, but I didn't.

I have a couple Wubbulous Grinch Christmas Orniments, though...

Zaius

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Well, it looks like the Wubbulous World episodes that are coming on DVD are from the FAR inferior 2nd season... since it does have the "Cat's Playhouse" in the title. Is there ANY chance of seeing those wonderfully "wubbulous" 1st season episodes... EVER???

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's some more info on the upcoming Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss DVD. It will include the following episodes:

The Cat in the Hat Cleans Up His Act
When the Cat in the Hat loses his bow tie in his very messy Cat’s Playhouse, it’s cleaning time!

The Cat in the Hat’s Indoor Picnic
In the Cat’s Playhouse, rain spoils plans for a picnic, but the cat saves the day.

The Cat in the Hat’s Big Birthday Surprise
It’s Terrence’s birthday, and he thinks that everyone in the Cat’s Playhouse has forgotten.