1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss DVD

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by Phillip, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Columbia Tri-Star has announced that they will be releasing the Jim Henson produced, "Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss" on DVD.

The exact title of the disc is "The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss: The Cat's Playhouse". It will be 72 minutes long and will be released on October 21st.

Wubbulous aired on Nickelodeon in the US for several years in the mid-nineties.
  2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

You know, I was going to say, "gee that's a random product to release," but with the live action Cat In the Hat movie coming out this Thanksgiving, it makes perfect sense.

Finally I'll get a chance to see this show and check out the work of those who have become some of the more prominent Henson performers today. Sounds like there'll be 3 episodes included, I'll look forward to it!
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Me too. I don't know if I will get it when it comes out, but this IS something I have wanted to see for a long time.

Bea:zany:{BUT I have to get VMMC first}regard
  4. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I remember Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss! That was actually a pretty good show :)
  5. Phillip

By the way the suggested list price on this DVD is only $9.95. It is also possible there may be more of them.

For those of you who saw the series a few years ago on TV, what did you like about it? Any particular stories that you hope are included on the DVD?
  6. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I liked the stories w/ Horcse the Elephant and his Baby and the Kangaroo characters and the Cat A, B, C and Z. Is that all the Cats that appeared on the show or were there other Cat letter hats on there? I can't remember expect the ones I named.
  7. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

my sister used to watch that show when it was on she loved it i didn't
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

A BArgain book store got a bunch of videos in a while back, sold them for 5 bucks, I believe... I meant to get one to see it, but I didn't.

I have a couple Wubbulous Grinch Christmas Orniments, though...
  9. Zaius

Zaius New Member

:rolleyes: Well, it looks like the Wubbulous World episodes that are coming on DVD are from the FAR inferior 2nd season... since it does have the "Cat's Playhouse" in the title. Is there ANY chance of seeing those wonderfully "wubbulous" 1st season episodes... EVER???
  10. Phillip

Here's some more info on the upcoming Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss DVD. It will include the following episodes:

The Cat in the Hat Cleans Up His Act
    When the Cat in the Hat loses his bow tie in his very messy Cat’s Playhouse, it’s cleaning time!

The Cat in the Hat’s Indoor Picnic
    In the Cat’s Playhouse, rain spoils plans for a picnic, but the cat saves the day.

The Cat in the Hat’s Big Birthday Surprise
    It’s Terrence’s birthday, and he thinks that everyone in the Cat’s Playhouse has forgotten.
  11. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

Unfortunately, I never saw this show. Don't know why, either. But I'll definately buy this when it's released; just to continue the quest to complete my Henson DVD collection :)
  12. Mayhem Roadie

Mayhem Roadie New Member

To those who may still be looking for this title, I found it today in the "Famous" Walmart 5.88 Bin, along with The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland!! This was the Walmart in Union City CA, and they had plenty of copies of both in the bin, so if you're looking check your Walmarts!!
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I could have gotten these for less if I got them at the Bargain store I mentioned...