Wuzzles voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS'S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

This week, I'm focusing on the Wuzzles. One of Disney's first attempts to create Saturday Morning cartoons along with the Gummi Bears. Wuzzles were those creatures who were each two animals combined into one. I always thought this was a neat colorful series.

STAN FREBERG: Narrator
BRIAN CUMMINGS: Bumblelion, Flizard
HENRY GIBSON: Eleroo
JOANNE WORLEY: Hoppopotamus
BILL SCOTT: Moosel, Brat
KATHLEEN HELPPIE: Butterbear
ALAN OPPENHEIMER: Rhinokey, Croc, Mr. Pack Cat
RONNIE SCHELL: Tycoon
TRESS MacNEILLE: Mrs. Pedigree

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I just heard about that cartoon for the first time ever the other day. Boy I'm late.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Allong with Gummi Bears, the last carons Bill Scott did before his death. Bill never started out as a voice actor. He was an animator and writer. During the pilot filming of Bullwinkle, he read the scripts to Jay Ward with different voices. The roles were all cast, except for a certain moose. When Bill Scott asked who was to do Bullwinkle's voice, jay Ward said, "Oh... why don't you do it." And thus his voice acting career began.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Brian Cummings, eh? Any relation to Jim Cummings? Did I even spell his name right?
:embarrassed:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
X-Man... How is it you keep delving into the joys of my better sighted youth? First Garfield and Friends, then Attack of the Killer Tomatoes... Now this!
Yep, I remember the series fondly. Tress MacNeille as Mrs. Pedigree, what kind of animal(s) was she? And is that our Dot Warner Tress MacNeille?
Happen to have the hardened plastic figures of Bumblelion and Hoppopotamus, which have some articulation.
Also remember the plushies that were sold... Tycoon and Woolrus were among the last three to be released as part of the line.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I adored the Wuzzles, I still know the theme song! It was such a great concept and a real funny show. Very tongue in cheek. :wink:

Xerus

Reaction score
Brian Cummings, eh? Any relation to Jim Cummings? Did I even spell his name right?
:embarrassed:
Yes, you spelled his name right. And no, I've read somewhere that Jim and Brian aren't related. They just happen to have the same last names.

Xerus

Reaction score
X-Man... How is it you keep delving into the joys of my better sighted youth? First Garfield and Friends, then Attack of the Killer Tomatoes... Now this!
Yep, I remember the series fondly. Tress MacNeille as Mrs. Pedigree, what kind of animal(s) was she? And is that our Dot Warner Tress MacNeille?
Happen to have the hardened plastic figures of Bumblelion and Hoppopotamus, which have some articulation.
Also remember the plushies that were sold... Tycoon and Woolrus were among the last three to be released as part of the line.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Your welcome. It's fun showing you all who did the voices for my favorite shows. Just like how the Muppets are done by a great cast of performers, so are cartoon characters. :smile:

I believe Mrs. Pedigree was a cross between a poodle and a white long necked bird. And I think it was also one of Tress's first cartoon characters too.

I too remember that later, they made six new Wuzzles that consisted of Tycoon, Woolrus, Piggypine, Koalakeet, Skowl, and Pandeaver. But unfortunately, only Tycoon made it in the last episode and the series was cancelled. It would've been nice if the Wuzzles had a second season and we'd meet these new friends.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Didn't know about those other ones, they sound like fun. Also, when there were some that didn't have their name mentioned, I tried coming up with names myself. For example, in the episode where Hoppo's trying to be a bigshot movie actress... There's a movie director who's part giraffe and part zebra, so I ended up calling it a Ziraffe.

Xerus

Reaction score
Hmmm... Didn't know about those other ones, they sound like fun. Also, when there were some that didn't have their name mentioned, I tried coming up with names myself. For example, in the episode where Hoppo's trying to be a bigshot movie actress... There's a movie director who's part giraffe and part zebra, so I ended up calling it a Ziraffe.
I remember that episode. I heard some people called that director a Girafbra, But I like your name better.

I also remember that same episode had a stunt double who was half donkey, half turtle. I like to call him Donkurtle.

I also like how ordinary objects were also two in one. Like an applemelon, roller skis, peanut jelly, telephonovision, bananabean, pizzaghetti, and a chugboat(half train, half boat.)