x-files or buffy

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Which of these 2 TV shows do you like better?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer or The X-files?
I like both of them but I prefer Buffy because it has a tongue in cheek humour element that softens the intenseness of the stories.
The early X-files are very enjoyable though some of the newer ones are a bit more gruesomer and while some dark stories are truly fun I don't think it does a person good to dwell upon dark stories too much. A bit of moderation doesn't hurt.
I have the first three seasons of Buffy and I love it but I wouldn't get the other seasons because after Buffy and her friends go to college they start behaving very promiscous outside marriage and from a Christian perspective I don't really see any need for it. The storylines before were fine with little of it at least. But that's the choices my spirit has led me to make.

Anyway I've said my peace now.
So which do you prefer more yourselves?

Daylight

Reaction score
I never really got into X-files so I definitely have to say Buffy because it's one of my favorite shows. It is very well written and Joss Wedon put so much care and effort into it that it's of a quality that is so rarely found on television these days. It's also has a wonderful balance of humor, drama and action and I love the characters.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Buffy is the best! But I do enjoy the occasional X-Files ep. I didn't follow either show regularly when they were on first run, but I now own all seasons of Buffy, and the wife would like to get X-Files Season Sets, but they're so dang expensive!

Right now I'm really into ALIAS (own all those seasons so far too), along with LOST and Invasion.

Good TV Rocks!!!

Timotheus

Reaction score
X-files, definitely X-files. My mom sorta got me hooked on it.
*Sees Milk Duds on the floor* ROACHES!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Personally I like X-Files, but that's really the only type of show I'd watch when my Mom was watching it. On my own, I've never watched it, except for this one episode where everything just went haywire, and it was like reality skewed for them, I think.

It was meant to be a comedy style episode I believe. Some of them, like Martin said in the first post, were too gruesome for me to watch. I watched one ep like that....had nightmares for a week. Mom dosn't watch them either. Cause after one viewing, she'd know not to watch it again.

dizzyizzy

Reaction score
I am honestly about about as big of an xfiles fan as i am a muppet fan. I have seen every episode from all nine seasons and the movie. One of my roommates has every season and last summer we went through them all. I used to watch them when I was younger, but the fifth, sixth, and seventh seasons (in my opinion) are the best and my favorites!:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Incidentally both X-Files and Buffy were inspired by the short lived classic series Kolchak:the Night Stalker which starred the recently deceased actor Darren McGavin