1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

X-Men: The Last Stand---Best Movie Ever!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by muppetwriter, May 27, 2006.

1. muppetwriter Active Member

I just got done seeing the movie earlier this afternoon....

AND IT WAS GREAT!!!!!:crazy:

My brother, a big comic book collector, was a little surprised by the way some of the characters went out, and I'll admit that I was too. I'm not going to spoil anything for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, but I almost cried during a couple of scenes that involved Professor Xavier and Jean Grey (who was under the "Phoenix" persona throughout almost the entire movie), especially with Jean's last scene, seeing as how she's my favorite X-Man.:cry:

But, nevertheless, X-Men: The Last Stand had to be the greatest comic book film I've seen yet (at least for "Marvel" standards)! I have never in my life been so proud to be a comic book fan. Seeing this movie was a special thing for my brother and me, because we're usually so isolated from each other and I've surprisingly gained a whole new respect for him after seeing this great film.

Can't wait 'til Superman Returns....literally!!:)
  2. Ilikemuppets New Member

44 million on friday alone, wow! I can't wait for Superman either.
  3. muppetwriter Active Member

It broke the opening record of the first Spider-Man movie! That's pretty impressive for a "Marvel" movie that inspired all the successful "Marvel" movies we've seen since 2000.

I just wish that that they could've shown the trailer to Superman Returns at the theater that we went to see the movie in. They did, however, show the trailer for Marvel's next great superhero flick, Ghost Rider, which comes out February 2007 (four months before Spider-Man 3 gets released). That'll be exciting, too.:)
  4. DanDanStrawberry Active Member

I think I'm seeing X3 during the week, I haven't seen the first 2 so I just hope I know what's going on
  5. RedDragon New Member

MIDNIGHT SHOWING LAST THURSDAY, IT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!!!:zany:
  6. dizzyizzy New Member

Saw it last night and thought it was great! Does anyone know are they only making three, because the ending left me wondering...
  7. muppetwriter Active Member

They say if it's a huge success--and I mean huge--then they will "possibly" make a fourth movie. But seeing as how it has made approximately $107 million, I don't see how they can't make a fourth movie.

And, as far as that "secret ending" goes, that was a perfect way of opening the door for a fourth movie. If you're confused as to what happened, just remember what Xavier taught his students in that one scene.;)
  8. Ilikemuppets New Member

I actually wish it was the last one. I dont think any movie should go pass three.
  9. muppetwriter Active Member

I thought the same thing. But if you have successful franchises such as X-Men or even Harry Potter, then it's okay to go past three.:)

Well, it's in! X-Men: The Last Stand has made $120 million on this Memorial Day weekend!

Beat that, Da Vinci Code!:p
  10. dizzyizzy New Member

Is this the part that was after the credits? I heard on the radio today that there was an extra part at the end, but I didn't get to see it! If someone could tell me what happened without ruining it for everyone else, that would be awesome!:)
  11. dizzyizzy New Member

Is this the part that was after the credits? I heard on the radio today that there was an extra part at the end, but I didn't get to see it! If someone could tell me what happened without ruining it for everyone else, that would be awesome!:)
  12. RedDragon New Member

I missed the secret ending. I just have to go see it again I guess...what a bother ;-)
  13. muppetwriter Active Member

This link explains everything about that "secret ending". It does, however, contain spoilers, so if anyone hasn't seen the movie yet, don't click on this link.:)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=4307
  14. dizzyizzy New Member

Thanks MuppetWriter, that helps a lot!:)
  15. Beauregard Well-Known Member

I went to see it a second time yesterday! It still blows my away! Whooooo!

I'd give a serious reveiw, but I am too tired...having spent all day fixing my computer only to find there was nothing wrong with it.
  16. ryhoyarbie Active Member

I liked the movie but I hated how they treated Cyclops in this movie and in the second movie. He's supposed to be the leader, not Wolverine or Storm. Ya so some people may not like Cyclops and hate his guts, and some people might not like the actor that played Cyclops, but the man is the leader of the X-Men and he was in the first twenty minutes or so of the movie and that's it.......

Maybe if there is another movie Cyclops will come back. probably not though since the writers didn't care for his character......

ryan
  17. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Cyclops wanted to go act in Superman. End of story.

I might be wrong, but I am pretty sure that was what this was all about. We were lucky to get him at all in the end.
  18. crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Oh, how I envy you:mad:! When my family and I saw X-Men 3, the only trailer we saw was for "The Omen". Man that freaked us out!:eek: Any about the movie, I was kind of dissapointed. SPOILER ALERT! Too many characters were killed off, and it lacked somthing the first two had(Bryan Singer maybe?). Also, sorry to dissapoint you but I heard there won't be a 4th movie. There will, however, be two spin-off movies- A movie about Magneto's origins and a Wolverine solo movie.
  19. ryhoyarbie Active Member

Well in the second movie there was no talk of superman and Cyclops wasn't featured in the movie that much, only at the beginning and in the end. But oh well.

ryan
  20. muppetwriter Active Member

Yeah, I saw that "Omen" trailer after the one for "Pirates of the Caribbean 2", and it freaked me out also.:eek: I just don't understand why they're releasing that one on a Tuesday (look it up--6/6/06 lies on a Tuesday, and most movies are released on either Wednesday, Thursday, or even Friday).

My brother was also a little surprised that they (SPOILER ALERT!) killed off so many known characters from the comics. Cyclops had to go because Marsden's in Superman Returns; but what did Patrick Stewart had to do that shortened his time in the film as Professor X?

Yeah, I feel the same way about Professor Xavier. He's supposed to be really powerful in the comics, but in the movies, I feel that they didn't make him as powerful as they should've. Yeah, that one scene with Jean Grey/Phoenix was very intense, but that was his last scene in the film.

But I can understand why they made Wolverine and Storm both leaders in the movie, because they wanted to separate the Wolverine in the first one (who was a loner) from the Wolverine in the third one (taking charge of things and succeeding where a grief-stricken Scott Summers left off). As for Storm, Halle Berry just wanted the director and writers to make Storm a stronger character, just like she is in the comics.

Also, it seems in the X-Men continuity nowadays (or sometime in the past), Storm is or was the leader of the X-Men.

Beau's right.

Think about all of those "Gambit" fans out there that are extremely ticked off with the writers right now.