1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

X.O. Seal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xerus, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Hey everyone. I just posted another cartoon series on my Rebusquest website. This one is called X.O. Seal. About a cyborg seal who fights crime. I plan to make this a regular series alongside Rebusquest.

http://www.therebusquestwebsite.com/
  2. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

X.O. Seal ROCKS! Thanks for sharing! :super: I particularly liked his comment about the future and why it's better :D It's also funny what he says after he shoots the ice and wants to remove it for his new friend - and I like how he changes shape and tells his back story - but I don't want to give away anything! That's why I've not went into any details.:search:
  3. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Thank you for your kind words, Yorick. X.O. Seal was a character I created a while back and now I get to show him to everyone thanks to the net. I plan to make more X.O. Seal cartoons in the future along side my main cartoon, Rebusquest.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Hey Cullen, I just now got the chance to sit down and read the first issue adventures of X.O. Seal, and once again, I'm diggin' it man!

Like RebusQuest, I love all the wordplay and the puns that go along with all the hilarity and fourth-wall breaking moments, lol. Like Yorick, I too liked the comments of the future (especially the ban on reality TV), but I think my favorite like was when Violet's father mentioned he wished she was like other teenage girls by starting her sentences with "like", running up cellphone bills, dating misunderstood bad boys, and making what's left of his hair fall out. XD

Looking forward to more installments of both cartoons real soon!
  5. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Thanks Snowthy. :) Those characters were a lot of fun to create and write for and I have more misadventures planned for them. And I'll have my next Rebusquest episode on the web very soon.
  6. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I always wondered what would happen if mean spirited reality TV got worse and it affected everyone's minds and morals in the future, so it would have to get banned before it's too late.

And yes, Violet is a girl who's totally interested in superheroes and her dream comes true when she meets an actual hero, but not one she expected one to be like.

I once read a story in a cartoon magazine titled "Unlikely Superheroes." Heroes who are not like your famous serious superheroes like Superman or Batman. They're usually non-human heroes or humans who end up saving the day by bungling or acting silly. Unlikely Superheroes like Underdog, Mighty Mouse, Atom Ant, Dynomutt, Captain Caveman, Hong Kong Phooey, The Mighty Heroes, The Impossibles, The Robotic Stooges, and Darkwing Duck. And that gave me the inspiration to create a new unlikely hero, X.O. Seal.
  7. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

8. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

9. D'Snowth

Oh man, I just finished reading the new episode, and... ROFLMAO! This was THE funniest one yet, not just X.O., but in general, this was THE laugh-out-loud funniest comics you've done yet!

There's something about the "stating of the obvious" dialogue in this cartoon in particular: "Why can't you make the rest of my hair fall out like other teenaged daughters do?" and "I like to shake my bare booty in the privacy of my own shower." and others.
  10. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Ha ha, thank you Snowthy. :) Yeah, I thought those dialogues were funny too. When I create a situation, I think about what would be the funniest words and what goes on in their minds. Inspector Eastway is a gruff but funny character to write for. :)
  11. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

12. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

13. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

14. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

15. D'Snowth

You're welcome, I'll have to take a look at this right away to see how it turned out!
  16. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Thanks again, Snowthy. I hope you like what I did with this story. It's become my favorite X.O. Seal episode so far. :)

If anyone else has any ideas for any Rebusquest, X.O. Seal, and Skelroy & Bonus stories, feel free to send them to me and I'll see what I can do. :)
  17. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

18. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Ha! Keep up the good work!
  19. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Thanks, Casey. I liked how that one all turned out.
  20. Xerus

Xerus Active Member