Ya ever get "Writer's" block?

Woofus

Reaction score
...for lack of a better term... is "Puppeter's Block" a word? :wink:

Anyway.. I came up with a brilliant (and Oh-So-Original) idea to make a mouse. Nothing fancy, just a little grey mouse made of fleece. A "Fleece Meece" so to speak.

But there he sits, stuck on the top of the vacuum cleaner (which makes a great stand, by the way) and I'm stuck. No matter what, I can't seem to get the ears right. Too big, too small, odd looking, sloppy, etc.

I still have the arms and some other embellishments to do on him, but I just can't seem to get anything done, until I get his ears right. Thankfully, I'm not building him for any important reason, besides putting on puppet show for the dog. :wink: (He LOVES him some puppets!)

Ya ever just get "stuck"?

Woofus!

intozlight

Reaction score
Take a picture and draw on copies till ya get the ears just right before you make them.

Hope this helps

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
The dog likes puppets?

Smart dog.

I've gotten writer's block, artist's block, and puppetbuilder's block, so I think it's safe to say you can lump all of them together into a general creativity block.

And I've found that the best thing to do in a case of creativity block is to take a break for a while. Sometimes your mind just needs to rest. Do other things, relaxing things, fun things, and you may find the answer will come sooner than you'd expect. :big_grin:

Georgina

Reaction score
Yes!!

I agree with Giar Fraggle!! I think that to take a break and to make diferent things is the best when you are blocked.

:wink: Good luck!

PS: maybe it has to be a non-ears grey mouse! :stick_out_tongue:

RubbeRoomStudio

Reaction score
i was "stuck" on one of the puppets i was building... So i started another one... something simple to pass the time... by the time i was done with that one, i was able to finish the first one... Taking a break in it's entirety*sp is a good suggestion too.