Year Without A Santa Claus

Censored

Reaction score
You know, as stated before, "Year Without A Santa Claus" is one of my all time favorite Christmas specials. Yet, there are some parts of it that always seemed odd to me:

Santa is worried that no one believes in him, yet his existence seems to be common knowledge in the news that reports he's taking a holiday.

If Snow Miser and Heat Miser are "step brothers", as stated one time in the special, which one was Mother Nature's real son? For that matter, who were the father(s) or step-father(s)?

No mention is ever made about the South Pole, which is apparently under the control of the Snow Miser as well.

Mother Nature got it completely backwards when she issued the terms that Snow Miser and Heat Miser would have to comply with. She told the Snow Miser to allow it to snow in South Town and told the Heat Miser to allow one warm day in the North Pole!

When exactly was the warm day in the North Pole going to take place? Obviously, it wasn't on the same day that it snowed in South Town because we saw that Santa was still in the snowy weather.

What was the final scene in the special supposed to mean? After everything is resolved, Santa wakes up and says, "I dreamed unhappy things!" as he goes off once again to deliver presents. Was the whole thing supposed to be Santa's dream? And if so, how could Mrs. Claus have been retelling the story to us in the beginning?

:confused:

Any thoughts on any of this?