1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Yep Yep Guys

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by mckgreg, Jan 16, 2005.

1. mckgreg

mckgreg New Member

You all remember those bizarre characters that say "Yep..yep..yep..yep..uh huh?" Many people seem to know of them but I am unable to find anything online about them. No images, no wavs, nothing! What is the story about these guys and why are there never references to them?!
  2. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

There are two skits that feature them from the early 70's. They're Martians and they land on earth and explore our world.

In one skit they find a telephone, and according to their little red book, they try communicating by making various animal sounds (cow, cat, chicken) but to no avail. Finally the phone rings, and they answer back "BRRRRRRRRRIIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!" and are happy to make contact with an earthling.

In the second one they find a grandfather clock, and believe it must be an earth person since it's tall, has a face, and hands. They hear the clock ticking, and think that's how it talks. Then the clock strikes nine, and the loud bells scare the Martians off.

There's also an impossible-to-find clip of Bob singing by the brick wall, and the Martians come in and join him.

Many years later, there's a clip of the Martians coming into Bert and Ernie's apartment, and Bert offers them oatmeal.

It's something how these characters are remembered by so many, and they only appeared in a handful of clips- although the first two clips were in heavy rotation for years
  3. mckgreg

mckgreg New Member

I was told by someone they still show up on Sesame Street today! That suprised me...
  4. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Surprized me too!
  5. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

the thing i rember most is there song about family i always ge tthat stuck in my head
    yip yip you
    yip yip me
    yip yip baby
    yip yip family
  6. mckgreg

mckgreg New Member

7. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

8. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Well, I remember they made an appearance in the Elmopalooza special and that wasn't too long ago.
  9. Docnzhoss

Docnzhoss Active Member

That guy writing that article is a wuss! I know sometimes as kids people got scared of Sesame Street or Muppet characters but please! The Yip Yip Marians were always cool in my book, and they are probably the Muppets I quote the most in day to day conversation ("Yip yip yip yip, uh-huh, uh-huh").
  10. Mario

Mario New Member

Haha, I was singing that the whole time that I was reading this post.
  11. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Yep, that's all my brother ever says in our telephone conversations. Cool guy.
  12. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

i wathced that telephone skit so funny any other sites i can dl full skits like that id so like that
  13. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

lol me too i find i end up singing it allt he time

yip yip yiip yip yip yip uh-huh uh-huh
  14. Sunrise

Sunrise Member

15. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I didn't notice if anybody pointed this out yet, but they are the "Yip Yip" Martians.

http://www.sesame-encyclopedia.com/

http://www.sesame-encyclopedia.com/Alphabet/SesameY/SesameY.html

They were in this year's SS Live, too. Open the following link and let it run a bit thru the pictures and the costumed characters of the YIP YIP martians show up:
    http://www.sesamestreetlive.com/
    Another shot of them is in different photos at this website:
    http://www.andyhayward.net/sesamelive.html

http://www.whatsbetter.com/static/images/8735.jpg

I googled SS and Yip and got these links.
  16. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Very clever. :D
  17. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

C'est moi! :o
  18. SesameKermie

SesameKermie Member

Martian Voices

I've been trying to figure out the puppeteer's voices on the yip yip martians. I think one of them is Fran Brill, but who's the other? I've heard his voice on other characters. I think he did Sam the sound man too.

Any help? :confused:
  19. Tonichelle

Tonichelle New Member

OMG! I haven't thought about that song in ages!
  20. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

My Favorit Martian skit was with kermit's News Flash. He visited a Farm where they spoted a UFO. So Kermit is interviewing this Famer, and he claims he saw a circluar flying object, as then the kids are playing frizbee witht he dog. They through the Frizbee past the Famer and the farmer tells kertmit that it was the UFO. Kermit thinks the Famer is crazy, and mistaken, and tells the farmer its just a frizbee. Then from the sky lands the UFO and multi color'd Martians come out.

If anyone is able to find that file, please PM me about it i would very much appriceate it