YIP-EE!!! The times change!!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No more darkness coming around at no 9:30 at night, no more getting up in the morning to blaring sunlight. The times change! NO MORE DAYLIGHTS SAVING TIME! (At least until April, or March if the idiots in Congress put the new law into effect early.)

jediX

Reaction score
They should just get rid of this pathetic concept altogether. Baah.

Censored

Reaction score
Personally, I love Daylights Saving Time and extending it is the first thing I've ever agreed with this Administration on. LOL

I've always thought it was more pleasant to have longer daylight hours and less gloomy. Maybe it's because I'm not a morning person. I know that it's important for children to have daylight when they go out to the school bus in the morning, but I would recommend just having school start and end an hour later if that's a problem.

Ah well, different strokes.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Did I hear correctly that next year DLST is gonna' start later, and in three years the US will eliminate it? And does anyone outside the US have Day Light Savings Time?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
no more getting up in the morning to blaring sunlight.
:confused: Except that now that we've changed the clocks, it's actually light outside when I go out to the bus stop around 6:30 AM, as opposed to before we changed the clocks, when I could still see stars at that time.

And in my case, starting school an hour later isn't necessarily an option. The highschool has two campuses, and only one set of buses. The junior/senior campus (that'd be the one I go to now) therefore starts an hour before the freshman/sophmore campus (where I went the past two years). Although, I guess they could have the freshies and sophmores wait until 9:30-ish to start school... <shrug>

MrsPepper

Reaction score
jediX said:
They should just get rid of this pathetic concept altogether. Baah.
When it gets dark at 4 AFTER you're already turned the clocks back, you start to appreciate daylight savings time.

Edit: Wait, that didn't make sense, did it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
When it gets dark at 4 AFTER you're already turned the clocks back, you start to appreciate daylight savings time.

Edit: Wait, that didn't make sense, did it.
It made less sense than my reply to your "Can you keep a secret" thread.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I also heard that Arizona does not use DLST, is that true too? Or is someone selling my DLST myths by the boat load?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Really? So there's like a whole DLST rebellion here in the States, huh?