Yo! Disney!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think here is where we need to begin posting directly to the Disney Company. Maybe they'll be checking in the fan forums to see what people are saying about them.

This is NOT a place to trash-talk Disney, or to down Eisner. This is a thread to tell the company what we want to see happen, and what we expect of them. I know that I said give Disney 3-7 years and then they'll put Muppets on a back-burner, but I want to try to make a difference here and make me be WRONG!! Also, I don't want the Disney Powers That Be to see things around here trashing them and then they pull the plug on fan sites period.

I already know that Disney isn't a company well-versed in listening to their fans, but well-versed in doing things that THEY THINK we fans want, so hopefully this thread can be a place that will help them deliver the Muppets as we remember them and want them.

Keep this thread positive, be proud to be a Muppet fan (regardless who owns them).

Now, what do YOU want Disney to do with the Muppets?

~Kev

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I want the Henson name to stay attached to The Muppets.

I want the new writers to look at original The Muppet Show episodes and the movies that Jim Henson directed and performed in to study and research to get the personalities and dialogue correct for the characters. I want the writers to be aware of the histories and biographies of the characters.

I want a television series on regular television--not on a cable station--so everyone can enjoy the show; and since the Muppet Theater worked so well with the Muppets in Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (VMX), I can see them working from the Theater again! I want the rest of the TMS episodes released on DVD (Get Time-Life to do it!). I want a movie, something new starring the Muppets and not always a movie based on some other work HOWEVER it will be acceptable to me if they produced a Muppet movie one year, followed by a literary-themed movie the next year (because, really, I liked Muppets Treasure Island and Muppet Christmas Carol).

I want them to allow the great products being released by Palisades and Sababa to continue.

So, does anybody want to share any ideas for television shows, movies, products?