Yoda acceptance speech at MTV awards

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey,
I figured this would be the best section for this, and didn't see it posted elsewhere, but on last night's airing of the 2003 MTV movie awards, Yoda accepted the award for best fight scene, and Frank actually did the voice. It was pretty cool, with a bunch of cute, funny moments. I'm sure they'll replay the heck out of it, in case anyone missed it. That's about it. Take care.

-Squigiman

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice. Any idea when it will re-air?

matleo

Reaction score
not to knock Frank or master Yoda, but I actually heard the funniest moment was Golum's acceptance speech for "Best Virtual performance" I didn't see it, but heard about it. Apprently, they did a whole thing with the dual-persoanlity of Gollum and Smaegol, where Smeagol would be very greatful and then Gollum would repremand himself for takign part in the awards....."And I'd likess to thankssss MTV....MTV hatessss you, everyone hatesssss you!!...Dobby likes me.....Dobby is a freak!......and I'd likes to thankssss misster Peter Jacksonsss....Peter Jacksonssss is a hack!!!" if anyone has a transcript of this peech or Yoda's could you please e-mail it to me. I would like ot know what was said.

--Matt

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey,
Yeah the Gollum thing was very funny, especially in how it first shows Andy Serkis accepting, which you might figure, though after Yoda, it would only seem appropriate for Gollum/Smeagol to show, as well. He then appears, and actually snatches the popcorn right out of Serkis' hands. Oh, and I think saying Dobby was just a "freak" was being a little light. He goes on a vulgar tirade. Very funny. Still, Yoda's bit was cute, even if people complin about him being too much into the current pop-culture. I still found his remarks amusing, and it was great to see the effort put into a small appearance, rather than just George accepting the award or something. Both were definitely the show highlights, though, especially for us nerds/geeks/dorks/whatevers.
Anyways, to answer Phil's question, the show will be replayed on June 7th (tomorrow) at 12:30 PM and 10:30 PM, then on June 8th at 9:30 AM and 7:30 PM, then on the 9th at 10:30 AM, and on the 12th at 6:30 PM. Hope this info. helps. I guess I could try to do a transcript as best I can, as well, if you want. Just let me know. Take care.

-Squigiman

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
This is going a bit off topic, but did they get rid of "Best Villian" or did I just miss that part?

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
Best villian was that one girl from "The Ring"

Justin Timberland and Sean William Scott hosted.

Mainframe studio did blumpers for each award with animated Justin and Sean as superheroes. very funny.

The matrix reloaded paltroy was very very fun. "My name is the artect, or you could just call me Larry". "Hey, Larry". "