1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Yoda in a Diet Pepsi commercial

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Convincing John, May 4, 2005.

1. Convincing John Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know Yoda's not really a Muppet...but hey, it's Frank Oz!

Anyway, I just saw this commercial while watching "Jeopardy!" yesterday...and it's AWESOME!!!

I'm not sure when it will air again, but here is a direct link to the page that talks about it, and if you have Quicktime, there's a link to view it! Just click on the little 320x240 box to the left of Yoda.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/diet_pepsi.html

Convincing John
  2. Vic Romano Active Member

Cool find! Are parts of that puppetry? Or is Yoda still all CGI?
  3. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Can someone describe it for those who are too lazy to go look?
  4. Vic Romano Active Member

Sure; there's a dude in this diner who's about to have a cheeseburger and fries, when off camera you hear Yoda use his jedi mind trick to make the dude give up his burger. Then you see Yoda on the stool to the left of him as the cheeseburger floats away from the dude. Then Yoda convinces him to fork over the fries and once again the dude mindlessly let's 'em float away. But when Yoda tries to get the diet Pepsi, the dude snaps out of it and is able to have the mind power to fight the diet Pepsi from Yoda's force grasp. Then there's all the corporate taglines for diet Pepsi and Episode III, and the final scene is Yoda catching a glimpse of someone elses diet Pepsi and just as he's about to try and snatch that one, Chewbacca (who's sitting to the left of Yoda) does his growl with the dialogue appearing saying "Don't even think about it."

It's funny enough for a look.
  5. Beauregard Well-Known Member

6. Drtooth Well-Known Member

It is a great, funny commercial... it's pretty out of character for Yoda to use the force in such a way ( boardering on the Dark side), but still, one of the best commercials I've seen in some time.
  7. Vic Romano Active Member

Ha ha! I stumbled across this thread and thought it deserved to be bumped, as the above link still works and if you haven't already, it's worth a look-see!