1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

You And I And George

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by abiraniriba, Apr 7, 2007.

1. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

The song "You And I And George" is included in the album "Rowlf: Old Brown Ears Is Back" It goes a little something like this:

You and I and George
    Were strolling through the park one day
    And you held my hand, as if to say
    I love you
    We came to a brook
    And George fell in and drowned himself
    And floated out to sea
    Leaving you alone with me

Now what I want to know is did George fall, or was he pushed?

Your verdict please :sympathy:

2. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

neither... he jumped :eek:

3. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

I think he fell.

4. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter New Member

Why didn't they make a "Bear on Patrol" episode to explain that (Rowlf interrogated in the Police Station) ? :)

Rowlf sang twice this song at the Muppet Show : one time in the Phyllis George episode (the Muppet Awards) and the other time... Well, I don't remember ! :zany:

5. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

Rowlf sang it in the Juliet Prowse episode (U.K. spot) from season 1.

6. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter New Member

Thanks, Winslow. I remember the sketch of Kid Fozzie with Rowlf in the saloon in the Juliet Prowse episode, but I didn't remember the song "You and I and George".

7. Nyperold

Nyperold Member

Yeah, those U.K. spots... thank goodness for DVD sets, eh? Or we'd never have seen that ever-popular classic. :)

8. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

That was the funniest song besides Simon Smith and his dancing bear!

9. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Rowlf is a slippery character. He changes his motives in The Wishing Song faster than you can say "there goes a butterfly."

10. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

I love "You and I and George", especially Rowlf's intro: "It sold two copies. George bought one and I bought one. Where were you?"

11. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Haha, what a great question. Maybe it was just really good timing and he "tripped" on a well placed rock... >_>

12. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Did Rowlf ever sing "The Wishing Song"? Gonzo did in the Madeline Kahn episode, but I didn't know it was used again. Or am I thinking of the wrong song?

13. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I think that George fell in, hence the line that he fell in and drowned himself. My favorite song was probably I'll never hurt an onion. THAT was hilariously bad.

Daniel

14. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Active Member

Well atleast we know why George the Janitor was off the show ;) wokka wokka:o :sympathy: