You cannot leave the magic

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Warning: If you do not wish to cry, then do not read this next chapter. Well....you can if you want to, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Chapter 5

Gobo went down to Matt and Storyteller's cave. He was expecting the worst. When he got there, Story was holding Matt's hand, trying to keep him perky.
"Nephew Gobo! It's good to see you." He was in bad shape. His voice was croaky, and his face looked paler than usual.
"Hi uncle Matt." Gobo sat down next to Matt's hammock.
"What's wrong nephew?"
Gobo looked into his face. "Nothing. I was just thinking."
"I was just thinking too nephew. I was remembering all the things we did together. Ah, it brings me back."
Gobo smiled. "Yeah, we had great times. You taught me so much, but there was one thing I never was informed of."
Matt shifted nervously in his hammock.
"What's that Gobo?"
Gobo took a deep breath.
"Whatever happened to my parents?"
Matt sighed, and began.
"Several years ago, your father and mother, Jerry and Della, and myself went exploring near the singing cavern. You were being carried on Della's back. Anyway, when we got there, she told me to watch you when your father and her went inside the cavern. I was holding you, and looked into your eyes. Gobo, I knew that day, that you would be a great fraggle. And I was right on the radishes with that notion."
Gobo listened intently.
"Then...what happened?"
Matt took a deep breath.
Moments later, the cave began to rumble, and a cave in ensued. I tried digging into the rocks for hours, but, I just couldn't do it."
He began to choke up.
"I had to face facts. They were gone. But, they left behind a great gift for all of Fraggle Rock."
"What was that uncle?"
Matt smiled.
"You Gobo. You."
Gobo began to choke up.
"And you took me in."
"Best decision of my life. Even better than becoming a explorer. You know, at times, I would consider you my own son."
A tear drop began to fall off Gobo's face.
"And I would consider you my own father sometimes."
"Gobo, please don't be sad. I have lived a full life, and it is time to look towards the future."
"Don't say that. You'll pull through, and everything will be alright again."
Matt shook his head.
"No, nephew. You are the teacher now. It is time for you, Gobo fraggle, to carry on the explorer name."
"Uncle Matt....."
Matt began to cough a little.
"Gobo, remember, I love you with all my heart, and I am proud of you."
Gobo began to cry.
"I love you so much, uncle Matt."
"Nephew, remember our song?"
Gobo nodded, and Matt sang with the strength he had left.
"Everyday the world begins again,
sunny skies or rain,
come and follow me."
Gobo began to sing between sobs.
"Every sunrise shows me more and more,
so much to explore,
come and follow me."
They sang together.
"Every morning,
every day,
every evening...."
Matt took the last line.
"Calling......me.....away......"
With that, Matt passed on to the next world.
Gobo sat there for the longest time, crying his eyes out. Story sat next to him and hugged him. He hugged back, blinded by the tears.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ohh, that last chapter was so sad, but first I have to comment on the whole story! I just got to reading it today and let me tell you, I love it! I can picture everything, including the Fraggles all grown up like that! It's great! But, anyway, you did warn us that this last chapter would be sad and it certainly was, but ok, now I want some more! What happens next? Keep up the good work!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Fraggleforever...This is just...Oh it's just so wow...I love it so much...Everything...everyone...Matt...Gobo..."Every day the world begins again..." Love it...Thank you so much for this amazing story my friend. And please, please post more whenever you can. :smirk:

Convincing John

Reaction score
How sad...

Fraggleforever said:
Matt took the last line.
"Calling......me.....away......"
With that, Matt passed on to the next world.
Gobo sat there for the longest time, crying his eyes out. Story sat next to him and hugged him. He hugged back, blinded by the tears.
Oh, no...Uncle Matt...

:cry:

Convincing John

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*Hugs Fraggleforever tightly* Such...a sad story! I really like this story...wow.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 6

The day of the funeral was a sad one. Gobo and Storyteller told stories about Matt fraggle. Gobo tried so hard to be strong, but, at the end of the day, his emotions got the best of him, and he started crying again. Luckily, his friends were there to comfort him.
"It's going to be alright Gobo." Red hugged Gobo tightly.
"I feel so alone." Gobo whispered.
"You're not alone. We're here with you." Mokey said softly.
Gobo half smiled. "Thanks guys."
For the rest of the day, the five told stories about the brave explorer known as Traveling Matt.

A few days later, Gobo was in Storyteller's cave, helping her clean up and to sort through Matt's things. But, Gobo noticed something that he hadn't before.
"Hey aunt Story, what's that?" He pointed to a oval shaped thing covered by a blanket.
Story looked over in the direction that Gobo was pointing, and smiled.
"Gobo, I think it's time for you to see this."
She took off the blanket, and what was underneath, made Gobo gasp. It was a fraggle egg.
"Gobo, this will be your new cousin."
Gobo couldn't speak. "M...mm....my new cousin?"
"That's right. I think it's going to hatch any day now."
Gobo walked up to the egg, and was in awe. It was purple, with green and blue spots. To Gobo, it was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. He rested his ear next to the egg.
"Hello little fraggle. This is your big cousin. I can't wait to see you."
Just then, the egg began to rock, and began to crack.
"Oh my! It's hatching!" Storyteller screamed in excitement.
The egg hatched, and inside, was a little fraggle. He looked like Matt, but was squinting.
"Oh, he has my eyes." Storyteller said in awe. She picked up one of her spare pair of glasses and put them on the little fraggles face. His eyes opened up and looked around the cave.
"Come here little one." Storyteller picked up the little fraggle, and he giggled in happiness.
"M...mmama."
"Did you hear that Gobo? He said mamma! Oh, I am so happy!"
Gobo looked at the little fraggle, and the little one looked up back at him.
"This is one of the happiest days of my life." Gobo said quietly. His face sported one of the biggest smiles ever.
"Do you want to hold him Gobo?" Storyteller asked.
"Yes! Yes I do!" Gobo said excitedly.
She passed the little one to Gobo. He giggled in happiness.
"What should we call him?" Gobo asked.
Storyteller thought.
"Matthew fraggle Jr."
Gobo smiled.
"I like that. It's perfect."
For the rest of the day, Storyteller and Gobo took care of Matt Jr., knowing that they were blessed that he came into their lives.
"It was like, one light was extinguished, but another was lit at the same time." Gobo thought to himself.
The story of Matt Jr. spread through the rock, bringing much happiness.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter 7

"Ah, what a beautiful day! Don't you agree Matt my boy?"
Gobo was walking down a tunnel, teaching Matt the tools of the trade. It had been a year since Matt Jr.'s birth.
"Yeah, it's a beautiful day." His hat was too big for his head, and he walked into a wall.
Gobo chuckled. "Oh Matt, whatever shall I do with you?"
Matt took the big hat off his head, revealing his glasses clad face. He had shaggy blonde hair, and was wearing a green shirt with blue stripes. Over that, was a red jacket. The hat he was wearing, however, used to belong to his father, Matt Sr.
"Well, you could teach me that song you promised." Matt Jr. said.
Gobo smiled. He was now officially the explorer teacher. He grabbed his guitar that was on his back, and began to play.
"Now repeat after me."
Gobo started the song.
"Everyday the world begins again."
Matt repeated.
"Everyday the world begins again."
"Sunny skies or rain,"
"Sunny skies or rain,"
"Come and follow me."
"Come and follow me."
"Very good Matt! Every sunrise shows me more and more,"
"Every sunrise shows me more and more,"
"So much to explore,"
"So much to explore,"
"Come and follow me."
"Come and follow me."
"You got it!"
They sang together while going down the tunnel.
"Every morning,
every day,
every evening,
calling me away."
"One more time Matt!"
"Every morning,
every day,
every evening,
calling me away."
And with that, Gobo and Matt Jr. went down the tunnel, to explore uncharted areas, carrying on the explorer tradition.
"Cousin Gobo?"
"Yes Matt?"
"Someday, I hope to be a great explorer like you."
Gobo smiled and put his arm around Matt.
"You will Matt. I'm sure of it."

The end.