1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mo Frackle, Aug 29, 2012.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, sitcoms sure are jaunty, aren't they?
  2. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

In the 90's didn't sitcoms use more brass instruments? Still jazzy but less woodwind-y/saxophone-y and more trumpet-y. -Y -y -y!
  3. D'Snowth

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee um-um-a-weh...
  4. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I love when parodies of cheesy sitcoms are done. Usually these are the family sitcoms with the stereotypical elements (unfunny jokes, bland characters, the fact that the family never seems to have any problems, the dramatic speech moment with over-the-top music, the characters bursting into an array of forced group laughter, etc.).
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Also a mainstay of most '80s action cartoons for some reason, lol.
    muppetfan24/7 and Mo Frackle like this.
  6. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

ShanaynayXD and Mo Frackle like this.
  7. D'Snowth

Wow, that guy cloned himself like seven time! :eek:
  8. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That was awesome.
  9. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

"What's the deal with Donald's house? It looks like a boat, but it's not a boat!"
  10. D'Snowth

Have you ever noticed that whenever you go to a restaurant - not necessarily a fancy restaurant, but definitely one that's not a fast-food joint - a vast majority of the time, the waitresses seem to almost always wear these really tight black tops with really short sleeves? I'm almost certain it's intentional, but I don't know who is behind the idea, the individual managers of the restaurants, or like, if there's some unwritten rule for restaurants in general that says the waitresses have to wear such tops. Either way, again, I'm almost certain it's intentional, but at the same time, I guess you can't really complain too much, it's almost sort of like a G-rated version of these kind of restaurants where the waitresses DO actually dress completely in skimpy outfits (Hooters, or that new chain where they all dress in really short kilts and such).

Either way... why would any woman want to work as a waitress anyway? I mean, I'm sure the reason they took the job in the first place is because it's the only job they could get that would ensure them some kind of steady pay, but really, why would you want to face a bunch of people all day long, whining or complaining about their meals, or the service they receive, whether or not they're going to say something positive or negative about you to the manager, among other things like trying to balance those large trays loaded down with multiple plates of heavy food with one hand, or making sure you get orders right and everything.
  11. heralde

You answered your own question.
  12. Sgt Floyd

You say that like there are no male waiters :p

A job is a job and you take what you can get when you are struggling
  13. D'Snowth

Well, I don't see male waiters walking around in outfits that seemingly try to arouse their customers... with the exceptions of those bars where they walk around in nothing but bowties and slacks so they can show off their pecs to all da ladies.
  14. heralde

Because most women don't like that, lol.
  15. Sgt Floyd

wait, so what was the point of your post?

Why do women get jobs where they have to dress all skimpy or why do women waitress in general? :confused:
  16. D'Snowth

There... really wasn't a point, actually... I mean, this is supposed to be the "Didja ever notice...", "What's the deal with..." Seinfeldian/observational humor thread... and... that was my observation...

Good thing I've never tried stand up myself, I'd bomb, lol.
  17. Sgt Floyd

*looks at thread title*

I've been thinking this was the questions about anything thread...

I'll just crawl back into my hole now :o
    Hubert likes this.
  18. D'Snowth

What's the deal with Sarge? When is that thing ever going to get a promotion? I mean, it's been a Sarge for years, isn't it about time it become a Lute?
    Muppet fan 123, Hubert and heralde like this.
  19. Sgt Floyd

Wait a minute, I'm an "it" now? :p
  20. D'Snowth

Well I never know, at any given moment, whether you're going to be a he, or a she, so I figured I'd play it safe... :halo: