You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

galagr

Reaction score
Okay, seriously, what's the deal with women who go absolutely BERSERK whenever they don't get their orders at McDonald's? I've lost count of how many videos I've seen of women who are in the drive-thru at the crack of dawn, ordering McNuggets, then when they say they don't serve McNuggets that early, the women jump out of their cars, dive through the window, and start throwing the punches at the employees for not giving them McNuggets.
Wasn't that on an episode of "World's Dumbest"?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wasn't that on an episode of "World's Dumbest"?
I think they may have featured something like that on WORLD'S DUMBEST..., but it seems to happen more often than we realize, there's different videos of similar incidents on YT, matter of fact, a recent incident is featured on the homepage right now.

galagr

Reaction score
I think they may have featured something like that on WORLD'S DUMBEST..., but it seems to happen more often than we realize, there's different videos of similar incidents on YT, matter of fact, a recent incident is featured on the homepage right now.

Oh my. I saw the video you were referring to, and, well, like one of the comments said:

She wasn't hungry for Chicken McNuggets. She was hungry for human flesh.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah the Drive-thru. One of the few reasons I'm glad I don't have a car.

I mean, really... just go in and get your order. They always get it wrong. This way, you don't have to drive all the way back when you realize they screwed it up. Some guy on a local TV show once said, if you have to go through the Drive Thru, order twice as much food as you'd normally get. That way, they'll give you the half of the food you did want.

But as for these obviously drunk/high people ordering McNuggets at Breakfast time... yeah, it sucks they only serve certain foods at certain times of the day. Get over it. The Breakfast menu only runs for a couple hours.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
What's the deal with TRU being the only store that sells the Sonic and Mario shows on DVD? You can't even find them at Best Buy or Fye.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know Brad Bird, and others out there, have been saying they don't believe animation should be considered its own separate genre, but what's the deal with all the new audience-specific genres now?

I mean usually, there was just the basics: comedy, drama, action/adventure, horror/thriller, yadda-yadda-yadda, but now, we suddenly have genres that are specific to certain audiences, like "urban" (for black shows and movies), teen is apparently a genre now, not to mention anime always has its own section in the DVD stores. What, were comedy, drama, etc. too broad and ambiguous? We have to specify everything now?

Drtooth

Reaction score
What's the deal with TRU being the only store that sells the Sonic and Mario shows on DVD? You can't even find them at Best Buy or Fye.
I see them other places, but they're mainly grocery stores. Target actually has a few. But they're all the 5 dollar bargain releases. I have the original Shout released 2 volumes of SMBSS (I'm just missing the Zelda one, and the ship has sailed on it, as I'm guessing the NCircle rereleased set doesn't have the Mario Bros Plumbing segments), and got the SMW/Captain N show really cheap at AJ Wright before it closed down. Other than a rerelease of the SMB 3 cartoon and the rest of the AOSTH volumes (though I was incredibly unimpressed with NCircle's release... I got it free from winning a gift certificate from JC Penny... JC Penny.. That's another place that has them).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What's the deal with the Super Mario bros. Super Show DVDs separating the Mario and Zelda segments? I know the Zelda boxed set came first, with a few live-action wrap-arounds, but why not release The Super Mario Bros. Super Show DVD with all the episodes in order, including the Zelda ones? And why did the packaging for the DVDs omit images from the live-action segments? You'd think it wasn't important to Shout! to release all the live-action segments (I don't have volume 2, but I know that it has four bonus animated segments, completing all of the animated segments on two volumes while leaving out a number of live-action plots).

In the past, many great live-action TV shows have ended while they were still popular, but why don't the current adult cartoons end when they are still popular? They either stay on the air, after years of success (and it's debatable whether they are declining in quality and overstaying their welcome), or they get canceled, without a proper last episode. Actually, now that I think of it, I know that Beavis and Butthead got a proper finale (before being brought back). And I think the last episode of King of the Hill was planned, even before it got canceled (Wikipedia also speculates that the last episode before the show was canceled and uncanceled was written to be a proper finale).