You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I didn't know about the price cut for the 2DS.

People seem to be mistaking the Wii U for a add-on or Wii peripheral, I think that's why it's not selling. A price cut is good, though. It was a little pricey when it launched.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought it was strange that there's a 2DS coming out. The 3DS came out just a few years ago, seems kinda soon (and I wasn't interested in one until last Christmas season).

Of course it seems each system can only have one New Super Mario Bros. and Mario Kart game, so I guess this means we'll get new ones sooner (though the Wii U still doesn't have any Mario Kart, not sure whether one's been announced yet).

Drtooth

Reaction score
You left out the fact that it's also at a lower price, and the Wii U got a price cut, too. Both should help sell the systems even more, especially as the Xbox One and PS4 are coming out, making them look cheaper by comparison.
Not only that, but everyone is sick to death of the 3-D gimmick. Movies, TV, Video Games... It's essentially getting rid of having to pay for a gimmick you don't really want to use that much.

But I agree... not being able to fold is pointless. And let me guess, you can't play 3-Ds games on a regular DS, can you? That's probably another plus right there.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Not only that, but everyone is sick to death of the 3-D gimmick. Movies, TV, Video Games... It's essentially getting rid of having to pay for a gimmick you don't really want to use that much.

I haven't really been a fan of that gimmick when it started becoming mainstream (beyond theme park attractions), especially when they started making 3D things that don't require glasses (I used to say that watching something in 3D without the glasses would make me look like a nerd).

Mario Kart 8 is the new MK that's exclusive to Wii U.
Why is Nintendo suddenly putting sequel numbers on its Mario Kart games? Especially since Mario Kart 7 and 8 are not really the 7th and 8th games (Nintendo likely doesn't count the arcade games, which were produced by Namco)? After many years of games that usually put the name of the game systems in the titles.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Why is Nintendo suddenly putting sequel numbers on its Mario Kart games? Especially since Mario Kart 7 and 8 are not really the 7th and 8th games (Nintendo likely doesn't count the arcade games, which were produced by Namco)? After many years of games that usually put the name of the game systems in the titles.
At least it's not as bad as the Fast and Furious movies. They number them, then they stop numbering them, and start back up again!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ever notice NBC is the only one of the three major American networks that's ever changed its ID/logo? They once had a stylized NBC lettering in the oooold days, not to mention all the different design changes their peacock has undergone over the years, meanwhile, ABC STILL has their ID inside that little circle, and CBS STILL has that eye after all these years.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Why are those Plug-and-Play oldschool video game console emulators so cheap? You can get a Plug-and-Play SEGA Genesis clone that comes preinstalled with 80+ Genesis games, a cartridge slot, and two controllers for like $30 at TRU.