You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Drew Carey was kind of disliked prior of THE PRICE IS RIGHT anyway... next to Kathy Greenwood, I believe he was the most disliked person from WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY?, yet ironically, now that it's been renewed and brought back, people are now whining that they miss Drew and wish he was hosting again (and I'm more than willing to bet half of them are the same people who complained about him when he used to host).
I think the problem that some people have with Drew Carey in regards to The Price is Right is that he had to fill the shoes of the most iconic game show host of all time in Bob Barker. No one could fill those shoes. To his credit, Drew doesn't try to be like Bob; he's more willing to let the contestant's excitement do the heavy lifting for the show than running it himself.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think the problem that some people have with Drew Carey in regards to The Price is Right is that he had to fill the shoes of the most iconic game show host of all time in Bob Barker. No one could fill those shoes.

I remember reading an interview or article where he said that he turned down the offer at first, but then accepted because he was asked again.

I haven't watched much of The Beverly Hillbillies, but one thing I know about the show is that Mr. Drysdale likes the Clampett's because they are rich, and have heard that Drysdale often panics whenever Jed wants to take any money out of the bank. But Drysdale doesn't own the money, just the bank that the money is stored in. The money still belongs to the Clampett's. He can't just spend the money of his clients, can he?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even worse is Inspector Gadget gettin' it on with Penny! :eek:
There's some sick crap out there. The fact that they're only pointing to guys that like MLP is rediculous. And it's not even a new thing either. Far from it. Even before Star Trek's day with Penny Dreadfuls and Tijuana Bibles and stuff like that.

Then again, it reminds me of something I once read. Girls can like anything and be cute little fan girls, even if they're dreadfully perverted. Any guy over the age of 10 that likes ANYTHING that isn't sports of MTV 2 shows is automatically a creepy pedostalkerrapest that will lock you in the basement. Double FREAKING standard.

Back to the subject, either side makes me not even want to remotely like MLP in the "I watch all these cartoons and my tastes are too varied and disorganized to be a superfan of anything" kind of way. Maybe they should have made a saccharine show like Care Bears that scared off anyone over the age of 4.

Seriously... Care Bears sucks. It just...just sucks so bad. The Nelvana ones aren't too bad with Beastly and Shriek... but I made the mistake of watching a DIC one for craps and giggles, and it was far from giggly. Terrible writing, horrible, wooden acting... just awful.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Why are Muppet fans not called anything? We should have our own fan nickname like Trekkies or Bronies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The unofficial fan nickname for Muppet fans is Muppet Freaks, but not everybody like it, which is why it's still unofficial.

But Drtooth, do not get me started... that's bringing back to mind how there's PLENTY of really disturbing and outright distasteful stuff on dA, almost bordering on Rule 34-esque stuff, yet I do ONE rough sketch of Jeanette in her underwear in a dressing room getting ready for a photoshoot while Brittany complains about her popularity, and the next thing I know, my arch nemesis jumps on the opportunity to blow the whole thing way out of proportion and make it into something controversial. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
On the subject of bad fanbases...

I'd rather be forced to live the rest of my life on a commune with ultra hard core Bronies than see so much as one crazy sports fan ever again. Sports nuts are the worst fanbase of anything ever, and yet they're treated like the sane people who like a sane thing. Even when they threaten those who root for the other team playing with physical violence, and act like bullies and trolls throughout.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
On the subject of bad fanbases...

I'd rather be forced to live the rest of my life on a commune with ultra hard core Bronies than see so much as one crazy sports fan ever again. Sports nuts are the worst fanbase of anything ever, and yet they're treated like the sane people who like a sane thing. Even when they threaten those who root for the other team playing with physical violence, and act like bullies and trolls throughout.
I love sports, but people take it way too seriously. Look what happened in my hometown a couple of years ago.

http://www.wtnh.com/news/new-haven-cty/victim-to-get-43-mil-in-chowder-pot-stabbing

A Yankees/Red Sox beef resulted in someone getting stabbed in the neck. Obvious someone who would stab someone would have to have some sort of issue beforehand, but if you're getting that worked up over sports, you need to reevaluate things.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's the one thing I dislike about sports fanbases... they act like you're from Mars if you're not a sports person.

Trust me, here in Tennessee, football is like a god, and anytime you're in a social situation with someone for a brief period of time, the first question they ask you is if you like or watch sports, then for someone like me who's more artistic, to say no, you're ALWAYS met with weird looks.

robodog

Reaction score
I just don't see the appeal of watching a bunch of grown men chasing after a ball for three or four hours. I've never cared about Sports.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe I read/watch too much Ultimate Muscle/Kinnikuman... but what the freaking heck ever happened to respecting the opponent/rival team as sportsmen?

Oh... and what's worse than sore losers? People who freaking throw riots when their teams win.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Even if I was given hypnosis therapy...nay... aversion torture therapy like in Clockwork Orange to be physically ill just looking at MLP, I'd rather live with hardcore Bronies for the rest of my life than spend 5 minutes with a sports nut.

Nothing wrong with liking sports, but when you take things to a violent, obsessive level, that's something that shouldn't be tolerated, emulated, or celebrated.