You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think the big problem is that fans take the games too seriously. I love sports, baseball, basketball, football, college sports, hockey, but I understand that it's just a game. It's fine for the players to take it seriously because it's their paycheck, but I'm going to have fun watching it and not get riled up. I watch games because all sorts of crazy things can happen. I think the problem is that some fans get into the "we" mentality, like they're a part of their favorite team.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's fine for the players to take it seriously because it's their paycheck, but I'm going to have fun watching it and not get riled up.

I thought that college players at least don't get paid for sports. They get school credit instead, or maybe it just pays for their college.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I thought that college players at least don't get paid for sports. They get school credit instead, or maybe it just pays for their college.
College players (on the bigger sports at least) get scholarships for it, but let's face it, even though they're supposed to be "amateurs", I'd guess that a lot of the athletes at the larger schools are getting under-the-table payments. I think that college athletes should be paid, they're bringing in so much money to their school through TV deals and marketing that it's only fair they get a chunk.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Why is emo/post-hardcore music so popular nowadays? All the bands at Warped Tour are emo, metalcore, and post-hardcore (with a few exceptions), as opposed to the punk and ska bands like in the '90s-early '00s. Though ska kinda decreased in popularity after the '90s.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So how come the mother in every version of Hairspray has to be played by a man? Is it really hard to find an ugly woman who can play her (though I read on TV Tropes that most unattractive women are discouraged from acting careers)?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So how come the mother in every version of Hairspray has to be played by a man? Is it really hard to find an ugly woman who can play her (though I read on TV Tropes that most unattractive women are discouraged from acting careers)?
Well then it wouldn't be a drag joke, it would be Victor/Victoria.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had to watch BEAUTY AND THE BEAST the other night, and it was the first time I had done so in a looooong time (I honestly don't remember the last time I watched it, but I know I used to watch it frequently when I was really little)... and in doing so, I THINK I can kind of see where Nostalgia Critic is coming from about Alan Menken... I mean, the songs in that movie were kind of irritating... the song about Gaston in particular almost had me cringing. Though, I can't really say all of Alan Menken's work is bad - I actually really loved the songs from THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME, for some reason, I like to sing "A Guy Like You" every once in a while for no apparent reason; I haven't seen a lot of Jason Alexander's theater work (um, what's with that toupe he wears all the time now?), but that songs makes me realize what a surprisingly good voice he has.

Ever noticed how really varied movie soundtracks are? I've noticed they usually (not always) fall into one of two formats: either the CD features all of the actual songs that were used in the movie itself, and maybe the last two tracks are samples of the music by whoever scored the movie, or the entire soundtrack itself is almost like the entire movie with all the dialogue removed and nothing but the music score itself (I've noticed a lot of animated movies tend to do this with their soundtracks). But again, it's not always the case. The CD soundtrack for the movie RADIO is interesting: the first half of the tracks are the songs that were used in the movie, while the second half of the tracks are pieces of the beautiful score that James Horner had composed, so it's really a nice balance. Not only that, but have you ever noticed that when the soundtrack of a movie is released on CD, inevitably, there's always at least one song from the movie that ISN'T included on the soundtrack, and it's usually one of your favorites? Makes me wonder if it has something to do with legal issues and licensing, or maybe they forgot about it something, or maybe the soundtrack is based on a certain version/draft of the movie and the particular song wasn't used at the time? Sometimes, a soundtrack will include a song that wasn't even used in the movie: I have the STUART LITTLE 2 soundtrack, and it includes "Born to Be Wild", which I don't recall ever hearing in the movie itself. Go figure.