You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Okay, there haven't been any "have you seen this episode of The Simpsons"-type posts for a few months (I keep meaning to see how many pages back it's been since the last one about a speciffic Simpsons episode), so I think it should be okay to ask about a certain one I wonder about....

In the episode "Homer Alone", Marge goes to jail for blocking traffic and only gets out because Mayor Quimby demands she get free, because if she goes to jail he can kiss the chick vote goodbye. I can see Quimby valuing the "chick vote", but how would Marge going to jail affect his "chick vote"? I don't think Marge had ever been shown as a major Quimby supporter, and the other townspeople (especially the women) don't seem to agree with her opinions too often (though it might have been more common later on... They did support her hatred of cartoon violence in "Itchy and Scratchy and Marge").

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Right now I'm watching Beauty and the Beast, and it hit me: When the Beast found that Maurice had tresspassed into his castle, he's quick to throw him into the dungeon, but when he found that Belle had entered the castle in search of Maurice, he doesn't put her into the dungeon until AFTER she volunteers to go there in his place.

I mean, what's up with that? She "trespassed" just as much as Maurice did. Unless the Beast doesn't consider looking for his prisoners as trespassing. The beast would have had a right, I think, to just put Belle in the dungeon with her father, instead of accepting her as a substitute.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right now I'm watching Beauty and the Beast, and it hit me: When the Beast found that Maurice had tresspassed into his castle, he's quick to throw him into the dungeon, but when he found that Belle had entered the castle in search of Maurice, he doesn't put her into the dungeon until AFTER she volunteers to go there in his place.

I mean, what's up with that? She "trespassed" just as much as Maurice did. Unless the Beast doesn't consider looking for his prisoners as trespassing. The beast would have had a right, I think, to just put Belle in the dungeon with her father, instead of accepting her as a substitute.
Well because as he makes clear later, he knows she might finally be the one to break the spell. He won't get very far by putting her in the dungeon.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well because as he makes clear later, he knows she might finally be the one to break the spell. He won't get very far by putting her in the dungeon.

Well, it seems like he wasn't going to make her a prisoner until she agreed to take her father's place. If he wasn't going to put her in the dungeon otherwise, she would have been free to leave the castle, and he still wouldn't have gone far with her.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, it seems like he wasn't going to make her a prisoner until she agreed to take her father's place. If he wasn't going to put her in the dungeon otherwise, she would have been free to leave the castle, and he still wouldn't have gone far with her.
Well I think initially he's curious to see what Belle's reactions to all this would be. I mean she could have just listened to her father and saved herself (which is what the Beast is expecting).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've always said every character but the father is a jerk in this film. the funny thing is, they changed the original story where the father essentially throws Beauty under the bus, forcing the daughter to be the prisoner, not him.

At least, that's in one version... forget which one, though.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've always said every character but the father is a jerk in this film. the funny thing is, they changed the original story where the father essentially throws Beauty under the bus, forcing the daughter to be the prisoner, not him.
Lol, I might have liked that better actually. I'm sorry I never liked the father, he was just too goofy.

I think the three servants are really the only characters I loved in B&B.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually quite like Gaston and his lackey. The main 3 of the humans that were turned into things were pretty good too. Just not Timon and Pumbaa good. Or the Genie. Or the entire cast of Emperor's New Groove.

Seriously... I would crash through a wall to see ENG playing at someone's house. Too bad I only have the VHS and no VHS player.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I actually quite like Gaston and his lackey. The main 3 of the humans that were turned into things were pretty good too. Just not Timon and Pumbaa good. Or the Genie. Or the entire cast of Emperor's New Groove.

Seriously... I would crash through a wall to see ENG playing at someone's house. Too bad I only have the VHS and no VHS player.
I actually really enjoyed that Emperor's New School show, it was hilarious, lol.