You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And what's up with "purple stuff" among the drinks in the fridge? I know they couldn't use actual brands, but "purple stuff"? That's just kinda funny. They couldn't have said "grape juice" or "purple soda" or something like that?
Well the joke was that there's nothing exciting or enticing in the fridge. There's ordinary sodas (boring) and some unidentified purple stuff, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well the joke was that there's nothing exciting or enticing in the fridge. There's ordinary sodas (boring) and some unidentified purple stuff, lol.

Soda is boring? That's what I usually choose to drink.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The sodas are boring because some knucklehead didn't close the caps tightly enough and they've all gone flat.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Soda is boring? That's what I usually choose to drink.

And also, that's the point. We ALWAYS pick soda to drink. It's become normal and mundane. Sunny D is new and different! That's the message they're hoping to convene.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kid probably doesn't want to burp every 10 seconds either.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah but the commercial is for Sunny D. They want to convince you that it's something new and different and healthier, blah blah, lol.

So "healthier" is cool (at least to the kids and teens watching)?

On another subject, has anybody noticed that during World War II, a lot of animated studios (and I really only know about the ones from Disney and WB, and to a lesser extent MGM) made shorts attacking the enemy soldiers. Germany (and usually just Hitler) tended to get depicted negatively the most, with the Japanese being depicted negatively less but arguably more hurtful (as most depictions of the Japanese had generic stereotypes instead of real Japanese leaders), and yet it seems like the Italian war enemies were rarely depicted in cartoons (the only example I know of is The Ducktators, which featured duck versions of each non-U.S. war leader). Were Italians less of a threat, or less interesting to "attack" by portraying in a cartoon, or did they actually work with the U.S. during the war?

Thinking about it, it seems Italy was the "least known" participant in WWII. Everybody knows Germany for starting the war and for Hitler (it seems like Hitler WAS World War II), Japanese was known for bombing Pearl Harbor and therefore getting America involved in the war, and America is known for winning the war. But what was Italy known for?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well the ad agency is trying to make healthier cool, lol.

Were Italians less of a threat, or less interesting to "attack" by portraying in a cartoon, or did they actually work with the U.S. during the war?
Well Italy did leave the Axis after awhile. Plus there was a vocal Italian American community the studios probably didn't want to annoy. Mussolini was certainly attacked though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, yeah... now with little kids because they shoved that down their throats with an annoying level of anviliciousness. Especially when it's the older kids that are the problem.

I don't think the commercial was trying to get at anything being healthy, now that I think about it. 80's advertisements rarely extolled the values of health in kid's foods like that.