You know it be great to see Mel Brooks direct and write a Muppet Movie...

Movies205

Reaction score
He one of my favorite director and writer but I don't know if he be right for the muppets... I still think it be great to see it lol

Salmoto

Reaction score
Well it's true he maintains a close relationship wit the Muppets, but when you really think about it, there's a huge difference between what is canon between Mel Brooks movies and what's canon in a Muppet movie, there are just some things he'd meddle in that aren't to be meddled. Probably why he hasn't done it yet: not enough creative freedom.

anathema

Reaction score
That, and he hasn't made a decent film in a very long time!

Movies205

Reaction score
I think Robin Hood, Spaceballs, and Dracula Dead and loving it were good

"History of the World Part2- Hitler on Ice, Jews in Space" ****!

anathema

Reaction score
Mmm...Robin Hood had some good ideas, as did Spaceballs, but I didn't find either film terribly satisfying - there were too few jokes, and a lot of them just didn't seem very funny to me. I've not seen Dracula - it got such poor reviews I decided not to bother.

On the other hand, a lot of his earlier stuff is great! Blazing Saddles was very very funny, and The Producers scores highly for sheer bad taste! For me, that's his best movie. :smile:

jeremyactor

Reaction score
As President of the U of Minnesota's Mel Brooks club I have to voice my opinion on this.

I agree - Mel's brand of humor, specifically Blazing Saddles and The Producers is great, however you would not be able to make a movie like that today. People would think it's insensitive and get all offended. I also agree that the humor Mel does isn't exactly something that would work coming out of Fozzie's mouth, you know? Just a little too risque.

While I think it would be great to see them come together (again), Mel is a talented comic director, he could turn Schindler's List into a funny funny movie, but he gets kind of wild and he'd need to be a little censored, which would take the wind out of his sails... so I don't think we'll see it any time soon, sadly.

Jeremy

beaker

Reaction score
I really dont want to see the Muppets go down another parody sendoff idea for a whole movie.

As Ive stated, I envision something epic. I'd like a return to a Manhattan setting possibly, with 'locations' all over the world(even if they arent really filmed all over the world) I see a desert scene, etc.

Directors I think would be good for a new edgy epic film would be: Spike Jonze, Steven Soderbergh, David Fincher, and maybe a few others. I could even see Michael Mann or Spike Lee.

But no way would I want a return to 70's parody film or whatever.

Movies205

Reaction score
BEaker I think you label Mel Brooks unfairly just the way people label kevin smith...