You lose yourself sometimes ...

Reaction score
... and you know what? It aint that hard either.

Stress in everyday life, responsibilities, commitments, change ... people get caught up in these kinds of things, and sadly its often the case that some cant find a way out ... Ive seen it. Its amazing to me, that with a click of a button, when I get caught up, that I can personally find myself again when things get tough, as Im sure is the case with some of you ... my hopes, my dreams, where I come from ... whether Im lurking this board with its great posters, listening to an mp3 of rainbow connection, or even surfing a dark crystal site, it all comes back ... I dont know, for some reason it just seems that things are more clear and its easier to understand whats truely important in life ...

Jim Hensons done more than he will ever be given credit for. He didnt just create a show, he didnt just create movies ... he created a culture and has laid the ground work that will shape generations for years to come.

My 2 cents, keep believing :smile:

grail

Reaction score
Very well said, and quite a way to make an entrance.

you're absolutely right, too. if you look at some of the posts i've put up this week, you'll see i've had a rough time recently. today, on a whim, i put in the Muppet Movie. i couldn't believe how much better i felt when it was over. so i went on to GMC, and finally to MTM. by the time they were done with "Saying Goodbye", i knew things would go on. i mean, it'll be some time before i'm okay again, but at least it's a start.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
When I was living in the UK and all my family/friends were in NZ I used to get really homesick. When I started to cry - or was about too I would put on one of the million muppet videos that I had dragged halfway round the world. Because the videos made me laugh I forgot I was feeling so sad.

Sometimes I don't think I would of survived London without them to look after me!!!

grail

Reaction score
you know, i just re-read my post...i never realized how big a sap i am...oh well

Gonzo

Reaction score
It's good to be a sap sometimes--as long as you don't mind getting mocked for it later.

I think one of the strongest strengths of the Muppets (under Jim Henson's tutelage, anyway, and in their best projects since then) has been the sense of "family" inherent in the characters' love for each other. And we, as the viewers, can pick up on that, and feel it, and sometimes translate it into our own lives. There are times when I feel down, and the Muppets are exactly what I need to bust out of my funk. Sometimes it's the comedy, sometimes it's this love we see in the characters, sometimes it's just seeing old friends again, but it's always a good thing.

Welcome to the boards, Dream Preserver--I agree 100%. Which doesn't always happen!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I have been sick since Wednesday (VERY sore throat, high fever, chills, aches, and a general feeling of crap, CRAP, CRAP!). Since then I have been watching a lot of Muppety things (my favorite episodes of TMS, TGMC, which I *always* watch when I'm feelin' down. I love that movie). While doing this hasn't made me feel any better, I feel somewhat comforted. It's like getting a phone call from a friend.

Hmmmmm... I don't think this has made much sense (blame the fever!).

Then again, when do I ever make sense?

Gonzo

Reaction score
Sounds like you have what's going around Emmy; get well fast, and STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!

Chances are, you ARE away from me, but still...

TGMC is the one I usually go to as well---theres something about the water ballet and my babe blowing bubbles out of her nose that always makes me feel better. Of course, you're probably blowing your nose enough as it is, so I'll just drop it.

Get better.

Quinnnnn

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Originally posted by Dream_Preserver
Stress in everyday life, responsibilities, commitments, change...
Wow, quite an opening number!

I agree with ya, too

BTW, welcome to da board

- Billy :cool:

Jackie

Reaction score
:smile: Muppety things can put a smile on your face even when you don't feel like smiling.

beaker

Reaction score
How did I miss this great post? Indeed, no matter what is said behind closed doors or on here about financial situations...the Muppets and their positive impact will be here forever.

>>>he didnt just create movies ... he created a culture and has laid the ground work that will shape generations for years to come<<<

Wow! It's definately refreshing to read intensely passionate comments like that! All of this is about dreaming, love, friendship, and stretcing the imagination. Its sometimes easy to lose sight of this on a forum, but all in all the depth of JH legacy runs too deep far and wide near and far for the message not to shine.

(Ok, sounding a wee bit too much like grover on the far and wide thing, but its true!)