1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Fozzie Bear, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

American Dad and The Cleveland Show reference the Muppets occasionally, like when Stan was watching SS yelling at the screen to have Cookie Monster killed or the time when Cleveland Junior was walking around the chanting
    "Loaf of bread, container of milk, stick of butter!".
    My favorite from American Dad though is when Stan brings up the At the Dance segments when dancing with Hayley at a father daughter dance.

2. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I get that too but, I guess my friends are a little more cool about it; their whole thing is: 'Word!? Yeah, that couldn't be Kermit's wholesome swag looking at himself...Thanks, Ellie! (unfortunaely most of my friends still use words like 'swag' lol) And, then they all start tearing each other down with it and are all, "Ellie knows her Muppet stuff, stop playing, that ain't Mr. The Frog" and that makes it more fun for me >D

3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Both are brothers but I can say that at least one will watch Muppet and Animated movies or TV shows with me. The other one he kinda could care a little but not much. The one movie he used to watch was "Fallow That Bird" when it would air on TV. But ever so often my best friend (the one that's my age, his brother is the one I hang out with more only cause he's a little closer in miles) will ask me what this character's name is or he thought he might have been on Sesame Street or The Muppet Show. So to me I love my friends. They would do anything for me and I would do anything for them. Sorry for the rambling. Back to the "YOU MIGHT BE AN OBSESSED MUPPET FAN IF........"

DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  4. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

You sometimes imagine Yoda as Grover when you watch Star Wars

123Sunny and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  5. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

YMBAOMF IF you think (besides the "icy patch", the "I was just chasing a truck, and boy do I feel exhausted!!!!", and the Muppet Newsman getting pelted with barometers) that the "Turkey" thing with the Swedish Chef and Doc is hilarious!!!!!

6. 123Sunny

123Sunny Active Member

YMBAOMF if your nickname is "Henson Encyclopedia"

YMBAOMF if people who don't know your name refer to you as "Muppet Girl/Guy/Enby/etc"

YMBAOMF if someone saw the Thanksgiving day parade on tv and immediately called you to make sure you were seeing it

YMBAOMF if you name every pokemon you catch after a Muppet

And I second HTFFan, when I heard her say Emmet Otterson in Zootopia I got super excited :D

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

When you've watched as many Muppet productions and as much ESPN as I do, you can't help but see the two bleeding into each other.

Examples from watching the TV presentation of the Dan Lebitar show on ESPNU.
    Last Monday as part of some in-show punishment, one of the regular guys had to fish out and eat three pieces of pickled pig's feet.
    That in turn triggered me saying offscreen, "Peter Piper... Picked... A peck of... Pickled pig's feet. But my name is not Peter Piper. My name is Roosevelt Franklin, and I live on Sesame Street."

Today, they're airing this clip of Adam "pac-Man" Jones, currently playing for the Cincinnatti Bengals refer to Cleveland Browns backup quarterback Turrell Prior as garbage, shaking the trashcan in the locker room asking if Prior was living inside the trashcan where all garbage goes.
    And that's led to the guys on the radio/TV show to use it as a comic gag, referring to every botched line as garbage, knocking on the trashcan.
    And of course, we all know that banging on a trashcan should lead to finding that the one being living inside a trashcan is :grouchy:.
    "Hey Turrell, you in there?" "I know you're in there hanging out with your grouch friends."

newsmanfan and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  8. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if when you hear the original version of "People in your Neighborhood" on Sesame Street Platinum, you can't help but picture Fozzie Bear and Rowlf the Dog with Bob

And if The Muppet Show made you appreciate music from years back as well as most if not all styles of music

scooterfan360 likes this.
  9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if you get into Hamilton because the entire cast and crew has connections to Sesame Street.

10. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

YMBOAMF if you're laughing way harder than you should be at Joel impersonating his dad

11. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

YMBOAMF if the line "Aw, come on, guys! I wanna go to Hollywood too!" joke in the MST3K ep "Cry Wilderness" had you howling in hysterics a good five minutes.

12. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

All of this and:
    You're in the car with two people & tempted to sing "Moving Right Along" while there's only the 3 of of you in the car

newsmanfan and scooterfan360 like this.
  13. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Haha! Yes, i'm tempted to do this every time I sit in the front seat!

scooterfan360 likes this.
  14. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

i know this has nothing to do with this thread, but i must tell everyone this, i seen a video of this guy making music with these stuffed toy dogs, and automatically thought of Marvin sluggs :).

15. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

The big question is: was he hitting them on the head with a giant mallet, and were they singing "Lady of Spain"?

PS It's Marvin Suggs, no L. "Thank you, thank you, gracias, and thank YOU!"

MikaelaMuppet and scooterfan360 like this.
  16. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

no, he was squeezing them with his hands, but the video did made me think of Marvin. BTW, i didn't mean to put that L there:).

17. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

YMBAOMF if after you watch/see anything with a Muppet Show guest star in it, you won't shut up about said Muppet Show guest star

(Happened when I saw Leslie Uggams in both Deadpool and on the show Empire and happened last night at dinner after my boyfriend and I watched the movie How to Be a Latin Lover; he loved hearing about Raquel Welch so it was even more fun ^^)

gavry3 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  18. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Lucky that you still have a boyfriend.

19. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

YMBAOMF if you think that some characters from TMS (namely Miss Piggy, Fozzie, and Kermit) would look good wearing glasses. YMABAOMF if you think that Family guy references to Sesame Street & anything Jim Henson related is hilarious

20. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

YMBAOMF if you're keeping track of every Muppet reference in the new MST3K episodes (and I can attest there is at least one in eps 1-5, including a Sweetums joke).