1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Young Muppet Fans!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Muppetsdownunder, May 10, 2003.

1. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Hi, I was just interested to know if there are any muppet fans out there I am 17 myself so im quite young. Is there anyone out there who is younger or around the same age. I'd love to talk to someone who loves the muppets and its around the same age.

No offence to the older muppet fans!

:) :p
  2. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

I am way younger than you I am 11! What a shocker!
    Who says muppets are not cool? My freinds! But I am probalbly the youngest serious muppet fan alive!
    from
    Barry Lee
  3. Muppetsdownunder

Hi Barry, its great to see someone as young as you as a fan of the muppets. If no young people liked the muppets, who would pass them onto other generations, imagine if they were unheard of? that would be horrible, Its getting bad enough now, alot of kids dont know who the muppets are and thats just sad!

The muppets and Jim Henson etc are more clever and talented than any show or cartoon on now.

:)
  4. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

I'm 16 but when it comes to the Muppets I wish i was older.

My friends although they're just joking give me a hard time liking cause i like the Muppets, most of my friends save up money for CD's, Nike Cloths etc... but not me, i'm different.

But the truth is i love seeing they'r reactions I just can't wait to show them my new book, the one Caroll Spinney wrote when it arrives to me, I have it all planned out, next week when my friends come for me, just before we leave for the disco's i'll surprise them with this, i swear they'll me teasing me all night but it's worth it to see the look on their face.

The only thing i regret showing them was the exclusive EB Piggy with her Vanity table. :o :o :o
  5. whydah

whydah New Member

I'm seventeen. My friends don't bother with my Muppet fandom though...

-L
  6. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I'm 14....my friends live with it...I have Muppet pics on my binder, and we always get into the arguement of who's who...(the pictures on there are of the performers performing the characters)

I have an old pic of dave and a new one.....no one thinks it's the same guy.....

my friends even tell me when they spot Muppet Merchandise (of course, thanks to MC, I knew about it months ago)

my teachers even know it! on a Technology trip, my teacher saw me sporting my Kermit slippers.....he told me they were 'cute'

yeah some people think I'm insane...of course I think Eminem is insane (and I cannot wait for the new Weird Al CD with an Eminem parody)

Sarah
  7. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

im 12 i remember the first muppet show ep i saw when i was 4 when the muppets were on nick
  8. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I'll be 16 in July. My sister tinks I'm a freak for liking the Muppets, but, I don't mind. I pick on her for being an (and I quote myself) "Av-rile La-Vig-Ner" fan. I have gotten punched waaaay too many times for picking on her about some of the stuff she likes.

I don't hear about it too much, though. Except for when she catches me watching Sesame Street. Boy, do I ever get it then!

One of my friends (he's about 40 years old) is a huge Muppet fan. He saw all the TMS episodes when they originally aired, and, whenever I need to watch the Muppets with someone, I head over to his place and pop in my Muppet collection.

As much as he loves the Muppets, and even thouhg he's seen the entire series of TMS, he's never seen a Muppet movie all the way through.

I told him I'm gonna have to bring ALL my tapes over next time. :)
  9. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

poor debrived man
  10. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Now I understand I'm old but hey......

Now I'm 21. Loved the muppets ever sicne I've been born. Can't believe that theres so many Muppet Fans that are in there 40s 50s or even 70's. I would love to talk about any thing of the muppets. Now me and Aaron likes Rowlf haven't introuced are selfs expect for all the role plays and emails but I would like to get to know you better. He's the first one here that was a pretty cool when I became a member. Now where like Erine and Bert, Kermit and Fozzie, Fozzie and Rowlf. Its like we already knew each other. I wish I had more friends like him. I have one friend who don't like the muppets but he might like the characters. I wish he wouldn't get mad every time I would like to watch the muppets over at his house. I wish I could meet Aaron face to face. But hey I love the muppets and I will until the day I die.
  11. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

I'm sixteen, but I've been told I have the spirit of a 30 year old. (Which could explain all my crushes on guys in their thirties) ;)

And no, I cannot drive.
  12. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

i feel the same way about you email me anytime and to think it was a fight that started our friendship
  13. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

My son is 13 months, and he's a Muppet fan.

But he has a hard time typing, so he can't contribute much to this conversation.

Right now his favorite Muppets are Kermit, Big Bird, Fozzie, Elmo, and Cookie Monster.

That's it.

:p

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  14. Muppetsdownunder

Thats great, he must be the youngest fan here so far! I dont think I would be able to have much of a conversation with him though, lol.

:p :p
  15. Tztz

Tztz Member

i am 17. the muppet always interested and attracted me, when i was a little bot they even scared me a little bit.
  16. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Active Member

17, but ill be 18

Theres nothing rong with being the younger generation, it just means that the muppet dream is living on, and its up to us to make sure there are younger ones than us, THE MUPPETS WILL NEVER DIE!
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

How about us making a web page deacaed to the young muppet fans. You know Like pics color pages. puzzles. with every muppet thats know to man. Would that be cool? We could ask Phillp or who ever knows how to make a web page. Who ever is interind in helping me come on. That is if its a good idea. Email me Muppetkyle@sbcglobal.net
  18. Muppetsdownunder

Hi, Your idea is great infact it is a real coincedence you should suggest this as I have been building a new muppet website since last week, its going to be great. There is one problem though, we have to be careful with copyright laws and stuff, Ive heard people have had sites taken off due to this.

Im going to find more info on this to make sure its ok for me to be creating graphics, and website about the muppets.

From,
    Paul

:) :)
  19. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member

Sesame Street has some really young fans
  20. punkNpuppets

punkNpuppets New Member