1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your 10 Favorite Sesame Street Songs

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by TravellingMatt, May 31, 2003.

1. *sighs contentedly*

:sing:
  2. BlueAM

BlueAM New Member

I like the Anything Muppets, so many of my favorite songs feature them. Also, it's hard to pick only ten, since I have many favorites. But, oh well, here they are:

I Just Adore 4 (I love the three male AM backup singers because the Guy Smiley-esque one looks an AWFUL LOT like Peter Sellers in The World of Henry Orient)
    This Frog (Love the backups in that one, too)
    Count it Higher
    Count Up to Nine
    Hey Food
    Healthy Food
    Rappin' Alphabet (by Ferlingheti Donizetti)
    Wet Paint
    Watermelons and Cheese (by Monty)
    Born to Add

BlueAM
  3. i had a flashback last night of an old cookie monster sketch, he was a train driver called..casey something..(?) and he is driving his train through the snow....does anyone remember anything about it? i remember i loved the song that went with the sketch....and if memory serves, i used to get this sense of danger about the sketch...weird...
  4. Frazzle

Frazzle New Member

Wow, Casey Jones. I remember that sketch. Cookie Monster eats the snow in that one.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I could never pick just 10, there are SO many great Sesame songs that I like! Here are my most favorite (in no particular order mind you).

*Frogs in the Glen
    *African Alphabet (with Kermit and Ladysmith)
    *Bein' Green (original video version)
    *Mahna Mahna
    *One Fine Face (version with Ernie and Elmo)
    *Share (version with Ernie and Elmo)
    *The Honker Ducky Dinger Jamboree (original version)
    *I Don't Want to Live on the Moon
    *Dance Myself to Sleep
    *We All Sing in the Same Voice
    *Cheep-cheep, Chirp-chirp, Chear Up, Chear Up, Chear Up
    *Doin' the Pigeon
    *What's the Name of that Song? (version from the Sesame video where everyone has a sing-along on the roof)
    *Telephone Rock
    *Do De Duck
    *Monster in the Mirror (with all the celebs in it)
    *Between with Wayne Brady
    *Im Between (with green AM and two monsters)
    *Another Season, Another reason for Eating Cookies
    *Sesame Street

just to name a few!
  6. ..eats the snow?... *giggles*..me love cookie monster...
  7. billyk

billyk New Member

1. Fat Cat Scat Hat
    2. Subway...SUBWAY!
    3. Run, Run Everybody Run
    4. What's The Name Of That Song
    5. Rubber Duckie
    6. Put Down The Duckie
    7. There's A Hole In The Bucket...Dear Liza.
    8. The Rhyming Game (w/ Bert & Ernie)
    9. Alphabet Chat Theme Song
    10. City/Country Song
  8. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

For some information, the train song you're thiking of is called "The Ballad of Casey MacPhee."
  9. Gosh, SO many songs...

Well, it's hard to say a "fer sure" :flirt: #1, but DEFinitely the top ones for me are:

• "We All Sing With Same Voice"
    • "I Don't Want to Live On the Moon" :p
    • "If I Were" :)
    • "A New Way to Walk"
    • "Sing After Me"
    • The "Country/City" song
    • "Do-Wop Hop" :)
    • "Home" ("My hooome is a blah blah blah blah blah blaaaah blah!")
    • "Why Does it Have to Rain, Anyway?" (sounded kinda like Olivia, sung over a montage of live action clips of rain, dishes bein' washed, sinks runnin', brushin' teeth, washin' hands, etc.)
    • "Alphabet Chat Theme Song"

And I know this is for Top 10, but I also love:

• "African Alphabet Song"
    • "Cereal Girl"
    • "The Batty Bat"
    • "Sing"
    • "We Are All Earthlings"
    • "Somebody Come and Play"
    • "When I Was Going to St. Ives" (or whatever it's called)

But I think the Top 10 I said first are probably my BIG 10---untill I think of more, or re-analyze the 7 "Honorable Mentions" I listed, lol.

This is why I ain't buyin' the SS box set...they've just re-released so many previously released tracks, and I don't really care at all for any of the celebrity songs---when I hear SS music, I want MUPPETS and SS people, dang it! Who cares about celebrities? lol (Sorry, I don't mean to offend those who love celebrity SS songs...I just personally don't really care for many..."Furry Happy Monsters" is a BIG exception, though!) I want the classic, rarer stuff they haven't put out!

*sigh*

Where's Mama Morton when ya need her... ;)
  10. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

Yipes!!!!! I only recognize the first three songs in your top ten list! :eek: But I have a feeling I'd recognize more of them if I heard them...
    Erin
  11. Well, I only recognize the first 8 of yours! lol! :p
  12. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

LOL!!
    Erin
  13. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Sadly, the reason why they will never release those rare songs is because, excluding all of us on Muppet Central, nobody really cares about that stuff anymore BECAUSE it's so rare. They were never released on records, or even on the show very much, and nobody's ever heard of them. It is very upset, but there is nothing that can be done about it. We'll never be hearing or seeing those again. :cry:
  14. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

*sigh*

Wide-eyed optomism isn't quite as bad as it looks.
  15. but i want to hear them again *sniffs*, its not fair....WAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
  16. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I totally agree with you!!! :cry:
  17. Smy Guiley

Smy Guiley New Member

Alright, this isn't easy, but:

1. COUNT IT HIGHER - before Unpaved was being run a friend of mine bought "Born to Add" on CD and I left that track playing for an hour! It just gets better everytime!
    2. IMAGINATION - you actually feel like Ernie is there!
    3. I LOVE TRASH - I actually like Carroll Spinney's screw-ups in this one.
    4. TELEPHONE ROCK - nuff said
    5. SPY-COUNTING RACE CAR THINGY SONG THAT NOBODY HAS A NAME FOR FOR SOME REASON - Grace Slick rocks these segments and I love the extremely weird time-signatures and unrecognizable instruments.
    6. PINBALL NUMBER COUNT - Anyone heard the 2 to 12 compilation of this one on the box-set yet! More great odd time-signatures for sure and killer vocals.
    7. ORIGINAL (TV VERSION) THEME SONG (NOT LP) - More unrecognizable instruments...what is that? Someone nailed together a piano, a guitar and a xylophone or something!
    8. ELEVEN! (Not sure how to describe this one, sounds like Sly and the Family Stone or something-- Uses numbers and cut-out squares to demonstrate numbers to eleven...someone back me up on this one, but it sounds like they're having a ball!)
    9. CAPITAL "I" - So lonely and sad, just a great little folk song.
    10. PEOPLE IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD - nuff said again.
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

• Bein' green
    • C is for Cookie
    • Rubber Duckie (Also, put Down the Duckie, Do de Rubba Duck)
    • My J- sung by Biff
    • Letter B/ Hey Food
    • Rebel L
    • Born to Add
    • Mad
    • Count it higher
    • Abcuhdefguhi (ABCDEFGHI)
    • I love Trash
    • Monster in the Mirror (celebrity version)
    • Dance Myself to Sleep
    • La Baba
    • Allegator King
    • X-marks the Spot
    • Guy Smiley's Seasons song

Yeah.. it's well over 10.. I can't choose!
  19. grace slick and sesame street, nice combo...! i never realised that was her voice, thanks for the memory smy..
  20. furryfella

furryfella New Member

1) C is for cookie 2) Fur 3) Fuzzy&blue 4) Rubber ducky 5) Monster in the mirror