Your Animal Replica Pictures

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
It is something I just want to do. I am not even sure that I can make one. I would love his mouth to close at least. I might just use the one he has and cut down a bit. I am not complaining ab out his tongue, but it does give me a challenge to see what I can do. I know that when we get Gonzo, I am just going to keep him the way his nose is regardless. As for Animal, his is going to be fun to see what you can do to tweak him a little bit. No complaints here!

roastnebrie

Reaction score
what?

look,im no Dr. Phil but we have waited 30 years for even the dream of owning a good copy of the Muppets. Now we have them,however,some people have the version of a charactor imbedded in there mind and when we see it in person we just want it to be that memory as close as possible. Im lovin the picts and soon will post mine and i think Animal is way cool !:sing:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
look,im no Dr. Phil but we have waited 30 years for even the dream of owning a good copy of the Muppets. Now we have them,however,some people have the version of a charactor imbedded in there mind and when we see it in person we just want it to be that memory as close as possible. Im lovin the picts and soon will post mine and i think Animal is way cool !:sing:

I think they are all awesome! :halo:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score

vaderdentist

Reaction score
Animal tweaks.....begun!

Okay, replaced his pupils with smaller ones and repositioned them, colored the white plastic of the lid assembly, repositioned his nose and replaced his tongue..........finally got his hair to start laying down. Honestly, it's starting to relax all by itself. :smile: Already he's lookin more like Animal. I'm gonna find a nose replacement this weekend (needs a bigger one in a orangish red color). That won't take long. I will likely thin the beard and mustache a bit too. Whatcha think?

Dave :smile:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1538/img0708lu7.jpg

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2761/img0710um9.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4378/img0712kb5.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/1504/img0714sg5.jpg

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Okay, replaced his pupils with smaller ones and repositioned them, colored the white plastic of the lid assembly, repositioned his nose and replaced his tongue..........finally got his hair to start laying down. Honestly, it's starting to relax all by itself. :smile: Already he's lookin more like Animal. I'm gonna find a nose replacement this weekend (needs a bigger one in a orangish red color). That won't take long. I will likely thin the beard and mustache a bit too. Whatcha think?

I like the way the hair looks on yours, alot. But sorry, don't like the flat tongue.

:stick_out_tongue:

Rowlfharris

Reaction score
My Animal arrived in Australia this week but I haven't had time to open him yet (come on weekend!).

I agree with some of the comments about us being too critical/idealistic, but I'm pretty sure I'll be covering that eye mechanism, and though I'm loathe to do it, will probably alter the tongue too because I can't bear not being able to close his mouth.

Its not about perfection, but I think its due to our expectations. We all hoped for actual puppet replicas when these were announced, then had to accept they'd only be posable photo props. So we moved along with that compromise. Then we find that animal's mouth can't be posed at all and his eyelids have visible mechanics that will show in photos.

I'm truly grateful that we got an item as good as we did but can't accept a poser with such a primary limitation.

The original puppet was almost all foam (watch his mouth bending in several episodes) while this replica has a stiffened mouth. They probably should have modified this replica slightly so that its mouth doesn't close tightly so the tongue could fit, I guess it was overlooked.

vaderdentist

Reaction score
tweaks

Ernie, yeah the tongue is simply a felt stand in so I could close the mouth another inch........it's not really even wide enough anyway.....I'll be replacing that with a foam one ASAP!