1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Choices: Palisades Series 9

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Philo and Gunge, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Well, I guess it's time for guessing S9. The line will be:
    TMS
    TMS
    GMC
    MTI
    Excusive: MFS

My choices:
    Naked Rowlf (TMS)
    Lewis Kazagger (TMS)
    Pops The Doorman (GMC)
    Benjamina Gunn (MTI)
    Excusive: Tutu Pepe (MFS)
  2. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

I'm mostly with you on this one:

TMS Naked Rowlf (it's time)
    TMS Louis Kazagger (completing the Muppet Newsteam, and obscure)
    GMC Pops (with check-in desk and Gaffer the Cat, I hope!)
    MTI Benjamina Gunn -- I think it will either be her or a Gonzo/Rizzo 2-Pack
    (EXCLUSIVE MFS) Tutu Pepe.

Wow, I guess I agree with you 100%. That'd be a strong lineup.
  3. Cap Backfire

Cap Backfire New Member

Why even try... HAHAHA...

Dudes, this sounds good, but I am personally hoping the exclusive is Gonzo in his completely clashing outfit. That's the only thing I want to see more than Tutu Pepe. I've had enough Pepe for a little bit, what with his 16dollar Toyfare exclusive and all.
    Louis Kazagar??? I was hoping for Uncle Deadly this round.
    Pops is a dream come true of course...
    Naked Rowlf. It's about time.

So my picks (hopes mostly) are as follows

Uncle Deadly
    Pops
    Naked Rowlf
    Gonzo/ Rizzo MTI two pack (loved that idea)
    and a Two pack of Gonzo's relatives as the exclusives.
  4. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

TMS Nekkid :sympathy:
    TMS Lips (please?)
    GMC :mad: in swimsuit
    MTI Benjamina Gunn
    Excusive: MFS Tutu :rolleyes:!!!!!!!!!
  5. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

But S9 will be out almost a year from now...so Pepe will be a thing of the past by then. As much a thing of the past as WW Dr Teeth is right now.

:rolleyes:
  6. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

You reeeeeally think they'll put two Piggys in one wave? Did you have that dream I had last night about....well, never mind. But with S1 Piggy having done so badly, I don't think these little piggies will both go to market. At the same time.

*thinking about that dream again*

Oh yeah. I do think there should be at least one pig in that wave--she will have been off shelf long enough to come back with a Really Good Figure and wash away all those nasty feelings about her. Except for mine.
  7. Thijs

Thijs Member

No bad guess! I think I agree. It's time for another Piggy after First Mate P. Only Kazagger is questionable. Could be Hilda too.
  8. Thijs

Thijs Member

We've just had the new Gonzo target exclusive, so I don't think so. Clueless didnt have a big role in MTI, so either no chance.
  9. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

Clueless had the biggest speaking role of any of the Muppet villains in MTI; I think we'll see Clueless Morgan and Mad Monty in some form before the end of the line. Of course, since this is only Series 9 we're talking about, I don't think it'll be just yet...but at some future point I think a lot of fans would love to see a Clueless Morgan figure.
  10. I might have some answers:
    1. He will NOT be in the same series as Sal. So if Sal is in S10, Rowlf will be in S9.
    2. We know that Ken wants to do Pops as a GMC figure. So Pops might be the GMC figure.
    3. Louis Kazagger was the only TMS Muppet I could think of that is not a musicain, Uncle Deadly would come with an organ so I do not think he will be the TMS slot, maybe in Series 10.
    4. Benjamina Gunn could be a possibilty, she was meant to be in S7 (with Marvin, Johnny and Sal. Johnny was the only one to make it in) so all signs point to her, I'd love to have my :) and :mad: singing "Love Led Us Here". Due to that the Black Tux :concern: coming out with S7/S8, there can't be an MTI Gonzo.
    5. There was plans for a Tutu Pepe (I think Quinn posted it on the Tough Pigs Fourm) he has to the MFS figure.

THE TRASH HEAP HAS SPOKEN, NAYHHHHHHH!
  11. Thijs

Thijs Member

I'd too love to see him, but is there a chance?
  12. Cap Backfire

Cap Backfire New Member

Here we go

OK, Philo, thanks for the factoids there... That helps my thinking... Too bad about the Gonzo though... Grrrr.
    OK, then withthat thinking, there won't be a Pigy then either since they will have the Pigs In Space playset with First Mate Piggy. Therefore the Clueless Morgan fig makes sense. Even though I have no idea who that is. (didnt' see that movie but once and hardly paid attention at the time... I was young, on a date with a girl... one of my first to go so well in fact... Ahem... Anyway.) So yeah, there's that. Clueless Morgan has plenty of chance since they already did two to many figs from MTI anyway. Well, for Polly Lobster I would pay good money... It's good times having a lobster in your collection.
    Well, that's my uneducated guess. Good luck to all contenders, and Clueless Morgan has my vote even if I thought it was going to be an MFS figure instead of MTI... At least, that's what was originally posted... From MFS, why not use that slot for Bobo the Bear (Is that right???) from MT??? He was in that movie in a suit if I am not mistaken... And we don't have him yet... I just don't want more dupes of characters I already have. Except Sam Eagle. He rules and didnt' need to come out as MTI first anyway.
  13. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I would love to see one of the turkey from A Muppet Family Christmas!
  14. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

TMS: I hope it's reg Rowlf
    TMS: Uncle Deadly
    TGMC: Pops "with Gaffer" (could/should very well still be listed TMS)
    MTI :Benjamina Gunn would be cool if Folbear spelled Fubber the Aadvark could come with her.

MFS EX: Tutu Pepe
  15. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think you guys could be way off on this. You are forgetting the S8/9 playset. Whichever it is, the figure/s released alongside it would be designated TMS too. I also think if we see another Piggy at this point, it won't be Benjamina - I think the MTI figure maybe Rizzo(maybe with some kind of Rat Tours theme packed in).

My guess :-

TMS :- Playset Figure (Main or Secondary Character)
    MTI :- Rizzo (maybe Yolanda pack in)
    TGMC :- Pops or Photographer Gonzo
    TMS :- Either an obscure like Uncle Deadly/Lips OR a re-visit to an earlier main character like Beaker (maybe exploded variant). It depends on who got the TGMC space.
  16. King Prawn

King Prawn New Member

Okay I know having two female Muppets in the same line up is a little much and especially if their of the same theme but here's muy S9 guesses.

TMS- Nurse Piggy
    TMS- Nurse Janice
    TGMC- Pop's
    MTI- Gonzo & Rizzo or Rizzo and Clueless Morgan

The only reason I have Piggy and Janice listed for TMS characters is cause I think Vets Hospital is the next playset coming up. And we know there is atleast one pack-in in each series and some how I think the pack-in will come from the MTI figure.
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

2 piggies in one set? I don't think so..

GMC will probably be Pops, and MTI has to be Clueless Morgan (if it is Benjamina, it means we have to wait LONGER for Nurse Piggy)
  18. ElectricMayhem9

ElectricMayhem9 New Member

I like this line up:

TMS: Regular Rowlf
    TMS: Lewis Kazagger
    (I think if this obscure a Muppet is made, there is hope for ANNIE SUE!)
    GMC: Pops(WOULD LOVE TO GET THIS ONE!)
    MTI: Benjimina Gunn(Would make me open my Samuel Arrow and Capt. Smollet)

MFS: Tutu Pepe
    (I would like Gonzo in his loud mismatched outfit, but w/ Black Tux Gonzo too recent in the line I think he would fit well.)
  19. Thijs

Thijs Member

Annie Sue ain't a bad suggestion! She is less obscure then Kazagger. Altough we still have 2 pigs in one series though
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Personally, I really want to see Seymour somewhere, but it doesn't appear that he fits the criteria. It would be really cool as a CC exclusive with a Pepe pack-in and the box could look like an elevator. I know that breaks all sorts of rules.

Pops is high on my list. So is Rowlf. Wanna see some penguins too.