1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Classic Fraggle Episodes

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Gorgon Heap, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

I was thinking about this in regard to the single-disc releases, but which episodes of FR do you consider to be series classics, over and above other episodes? I think the first episode and the final trilogy would be considered classic FR, but what others do you consider classic?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  2. Emosewa

Emosewa New Member

Definitely the one about the Treasure of the Lost Fraggles seemed to have a certain somethign special about it.
    And I'd say the 'River of Life' episode, but that could be just because it was sort of an environmental episode.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

The one about the Toe-Ticklers, I'd say. Becuase it has that magical moment when you suddenly realise, "This is what the world is all about."
  4. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah.
  5. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

" A Friend In Need " is pretty classic. Most of the characters are in it and it marks a turning point in the way Gobo & Sprocket view each other.

" Gobo's School For Explorers " is a good episode if one wants a sampling of what Fraggle Rock is about.

Nick

:smirk:
  6. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

Marooned: "The Friendship song" being a tear-jerking Moment

Red's Club: "Gobo, Gobo, Gobo!"

A Cave of One's Own: Red and Mokey Arguing about their cave

Red Handed and the Invisible Thief: Red getting angry is Hilarious!!!
  7. Gorgon Heap

I'm going to add "All Work and All Play"- first Doozer episode and IMO the best Doozer episode. Introduces a new character and does it well, with humor and good writing that ties things together well in the end, opening up a future that we are going to see unfold for young Cotterpin. I remember seeing this episode years ago, before I realized that it was only the first Cotterpin episode, and that there were other Cotterpin stories AFTER that and that this was her genesis story, not an all-solving solution, tho it would've worked well enough had it been self-contained and not gone on further in the Cotterpin storyline.

I think "The Day the Music Died" stands out also, b/c of the gravity of the situation as well as the theme of the episode (ecosystems/communication between species best left to its natural state) and also the music.

8. G-MAN

G-MAN Active Member

I love The Day The Music Died that was one of my favorite episodes. Other classics in my opinion include Gone But Not Forgotten, Boober Rock, and Mokey Then And Now
  9. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

my picks

:smirk:

here are what I consider to be classics:
    Beginnings
    Catch the Tail By The Tiger
    the Preachification of Convincing John
    the Minstrels
    All Work and All Play
    The Bells of Fraggle Rock
    Wemblys flight
    Uncle Matts Discovery
    Boober and the Blob
    The Perfect Blue Rollie
    Inspector Red
    Change of Address

And out of the episodes that I don't ever recall seeing:
    Marooned
    The Trial of Cotterpin Doozer
    Junior Sells The Farm
    Sprockets Big Adventure
    Gone But Not forgotten
    The River of Life
    The Honk of Honks

:excited:
  10. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Actually, there were some Doozer-related episodes in the first season. The Preachification of Convincing John was about Mokey wanting the other Fraggles to stop eating doozer buildings, and the doozers were important to the plot of The Great Radish famine (although the doozers were treated equally to the Fraggles and Gorgs in that episode).
  11. Gorgon Heap

Let me rephrase. "All Work and All Play" was the first totally Doozer-centric episode.

Another classic IMO is "A Tune for Two", with its theme of discrimination and the classic song "We are the Children of Tomorrow".