Your Classic Fraggle Episodes

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I was thinking about this in regard to the single-disc releases, but which episodes of FR do you consider to be series classics, over and above other episodes? I think the first episode and the final trilogy would be considered classic FR, but what others do you consider classic?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Emosewa

Reaction score
Definitely the one about the Treasure of the Lost Fraggles seemed to have a certain somethign special about it.
And I'd say the 'River of Life' episode, but that could be just because it was sort of an environmental episode.

Beauregard

Reaction score
The one about the Toe-Ticklers, I'd say. Becuase it has that magical moment when you suddenly realise, "This is what the world is all about."

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah. this is a test. blah blah blah.

Foodie

Reaction score
" A Friend In Need " is pretty classic. Most of the characters are in it and it marks a turning point in the way Gobo & Sprocket view each other.

" Gobo's School For Explorers " is a good episode if one wants a sampling of what Fraggle Rock is about.

Nick

:smirk:

SillyRed

Reaction score
Marooned: "The Friendship song" being a tear-jerking Moment

Red's Club: "Gobo, Gobo, Gobo!"

A Cave of One's Own: Red and Mokey Arguing about their cave

Red Handed and the Invisible Thief: Red getting angry is Hilarious!!!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
I'm going to add "All Work and All Play"- first Doozer episode and IMO the best Doozer episode. Introduces a new character and does it well, with humor and good writing that ties things together well in the end, opening up a future that we are going to see unfold for young Cotterpin. I remember seeing this episode years ago, before I realized that it was only the first Cotterpin episode, and that there were other Cotterpin stories AFTER that and that this was her genesis story, not an all-solving solution, tho it would've worked well enough had it been self-contained and not gone on further in the Cotterpin storyline.

I think "The Day the Music Died" stands out also, b/c of the gravity of the situation as well as the theme of the episode (ecosystems/communication between species best left to its natural state) and also the music.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

G-MAN

Reaction score
I love The Day The Music Died that was one of my favorite episodes. Other classics in my opinion include Gone But Not Forgotten, Boober Rock, and Mokey Then And Now

minor muppetz

Reaction score
my picks

:smirk:

here are what I consider to be classics:
Beginnings
Catch the Tail By The Tiger
the Preachification of Convincing John
the Minstrels
All Work and All Play
The Bells of Fraggle Rock
Wemblys flight
Uncle Matts Discovery
Boober and the Blob
The Perfect Blue Rollie
Inspector Red
Change of Address

And out of the episodes that I don't ever recall seeing:
Marooned
The Trial of Cotterpin Doozer
Junior Sells The Farm
Sprockets Big Adventure
Gone But Not forgotten
The River of Life
The Honk of Honks

:excited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
I'm going to add "All Work and All Play"- first Doozer episode and IMO the best Doozer episode. Introduces a new character and does it well, with humor and good writing that ties things together well in the end, opening up a future that we are going to see unfold for young Cotterpin. I remember seeing this episode years ago, before I realized that it was only the first Cotterpin episode, and that there were other Cotterpin stories AFTER that and that this was her genesis story, not an all-solving solution, tho it would've worked well enough had it been self-contained and not gone on further in the Cotterpin storyline.
Actually, there were some Doozer-related episodes in the first season. The Preachification of Convincing John was about Mokey wanting the other Fraggles to stop eating doozer buildings, and the doozers were important to the plot of The Great Radish famine (although the doozers were treated equally to the Fraggles and Gorgs in that episode).