Your Favorite All Time Prime Time Cartoons

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
I think a few of you guys are missing the point. It's PRIME TIME animated shows. Prime time means that time when the more adult shows air, normally between 8 PM to 10 PM.

But yeah, anyway, I'd say my fav prime time cartoons are:

The Simpsons (when it didn't suck)
South Park (... also when it didn't suck)
Family Guy
Ren and Stimpy (ehhhh... it was KINDA prime time, tuh-weren't it?)
The Critic
King of the Hill
Undergrads
And even Daria seemed to have some high points.

^_^ Debo

radionate

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody has said it, but "The Flintstones". If it weren't for this stone age family, we wouldn't have any prime time cartoons. They broke down the walls.

Rocky and Bullwinkle is another classic prime time cartoon that stands the test of time.

Of course, the Simpsons still blows me away every year.

Family Dog was great. I still laugh when I see the old Amazing Story episode. I have a plush dog somewhere too, and its one of my favorite non Disney and Henson things.

South Park is another of my favorites. Its soo extreme and political at times, it just renders me speechless. Normally from laughter.

Animaniacs, although not a prime time cartoon, was absoulutly brillant.

There are many more, but the above are most of my favorites for multiple reasons.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There arent that many real primetime shows - especially with changing cable schedules. In the criteria you are asking we'd only have a choice between the Fox line up of a few programs or the Flintstones.

beaker

Reaction score
Ack, forgot about Daria! Love that sardonic wit post bohemian emo indie mod artsy angle. Oddly enough this was actually a spinoff of Beavis and Butthead.(Suprised noone mentioned B&B, one of the first 'less than apporpriate' primte tme cartoons like South Park)

Yeah too bad Family Guy got cancelled. Whereas a year or two back the Simpsons kind of went...well crickets and tumbleweeds, right around that time Family Guy stepped in with a really edgy 3am stream of conscious Dennis Miller like insanity ripe with obscure pop culture references and hillarity.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Family Guy was really hit or miss. They had some really strong shows and some rather weak ones too. I doubt it would have had near the longevity of the Simpsons, but I was sad to see it go. So much of that humor was laugh out loud funny. I'd say that some of their best episodes were better than South Par, but they weren't as consistant. Isn't there a cable station somewhere that would want the show?

camilla

Reaction score
I do like Daria. I love the way the Fashion Club and so on are amde fun of but I do like charcaters like Daria. Loved the film Ghostworld and stuff like Heathers.

Camilla

Sub-Zero

Reaction score
My favorites are The Simpsons,Huckleberry Hound,Snagglepuss and Yogi Bear.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Here's some of my favorite animated shows

1) Warner Bros. cartoons
2) Scooby Doo
3) Cosgrove Hall stuff (DangerMouse, Count Ducklua and Wind in the Williows, etc)
4) Inspector Gaget (80's ones)

What else? ................aahhhhh my brain hurts :big_grin:

MuppetDanny

Drtooth

Reaction score
Primetime wise, I'd say that my faves are

Simpsons (though it was so much better several years back, before it got so politically correct)

The Critic

Family Guy

Futurama

The Bullwinkle Show

The Flintstones

King of the Hill

Family Dog (I was sooooo depressed when it was cancelled)

Pinky and the Brain

Freakazoid (it was for like 2 weeks)

And I do have fond Memories of Fish Police

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

And I do have fond Memories of Fish Police
Aw! I forgot CBS' fish Police...I was a big fan of the comic series in the late 80's.

I also loved the Family Dog Amazing Stories episode, so was glad to se 5 years later it became a series.

Just watched King of the Hill...I dont know why but thats really one of my fave shows for the last 5 years.

And yeah, the older Simpsons seasons had a certian charm about it...its definately hit ot miss these days.

Anyone into Bill Plympton stuff? Yeah its a bit out there to ever show on tv...Im a big fan of his animated shorts and films though.