1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your favorite Jim Henson character

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by dwayne1115, Jul 5, 2016.

?

Who is your favorite Jim Henson character

Poll closed Oct 13, 2016.
  1. Kermit the Frog

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  2. Rowlf the Dog

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Dr. The Theeth

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Link Hogthrob

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. The Swish chef

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The Newsman

1 vote(s)
    6.7%

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Double posting again....

I changed my vote to Rowlf,because of all the compelling arguments. He really is Jim's best character.

2. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

Probably why he isnt used much these days anymore, nobody can replace Jim playing Rowlf

3. dwayne1115

Well after Jim's passing there where talks of keeping Rowlf silent in honor of Jim.

Bert fan and Blue Frackle like this.
  4. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

Yes i didnt think he did talk untill its a very merry muppet christmas?

do you think he should return like as a major puppet or stay as he is?

5. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

I see Rowlf as kind of a fringe character; sometimes he's right up front and very important, and then sometimes he's relegated to a background (sometimes nonspeaking) role.

His appearance in The Muppets (TV) is pretty evident of this; doesn't appear for several episodes, and then appears for a very key emotional role.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  6. Bert fan

Bert fan New Member

I picked rowlf because he was the first muppet to show on TV (besides kermit) and I love his music and dog jokes

dwayne1115 and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  7. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

The first time he spoke after Jim's passing was in an episode of "Muppets Tonight."

8. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

9. dwayne1115

This conversation has been great! I'm going to start a new one, but please keep this one going and vote!

10. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Yes, Rowlf is destroying the competiton. I like how if this were a poll anywhere else it would be 99.9% Kermit, 0.1% everyone else, same with the Frank Oz one, 99% Miss Piggy, 0.1% everyone else, but here everyone's voting for the others, and that's great. As for Rowlf, he's my favorite muppet, he's just so laid back and cool, I love his talks with Kermit, and he has a great sense of humor. Though besides TMS and the first three movies, he really didn't have much to do until TM'15 which gave him the best role ever, a bartender at a tavern, that was genuis, his talk with Kermit in Pig's In a Blackout was great, unfortunately his roles were limited, and the show was cancelled. But, Rowlf is one of those characters that doesn't appear much, even on TMS his appearances were limited, but it makes when he gets an appearance even better like his short but funny scene with Fozzie backstage in the Harry Belafonte episode, he's just a great character, and it's a good thing they didn't retire him completly. I hope he gets bigger roles in the next muppet productions.

11. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Eh, I'll give some love for Link. He's a funny character that doesn't get much use these days. [​IMG]

(sorry, Kermit)