1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Favorite Jim Henson Quotes

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by theprawncracker, Oct 18, 2005.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

What are your favorite quotes from Jim Henson? They can be from him as Kermit, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Cantus, Convincing John, Ernie, or any character he performed!

And of course, they can be direct quotes from Mr. Henson himself.

My faves are...

"We will not create anybody with Miss Piggy's kind of appeal-nobody should try." ~Jim Henson

"My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there." ~Jim Henson

"Listening is the first step and the last step." ~Cantus Fraggle

"I know I drive some people crazy with what seems like ridiculous optimism, but it has always worked for me." ~Jim Henson

"It's a wonderful life and I love it." ~Jim Henson

"The personalities of the Muppet characters are really quite innocent and everyone, in some way or another, seems to be able to relate to this innocence." ~Jim Henson

"No time is wasted time." ~Cantus Fraggle

That's all I can think of right now, but there are many more!
  2. Skekayuk

Skekayuk Member

My favourite of Jim as a character is a TMS one:

Kermit (on the Glenda Jackson episode)
    "They always tell you that the show must go on, but they never tell you why!"
    He goes on:
    "Well right now the show absolutely must not go on, because I quit. I mean the guest-star's a pirate and the theatre is sailing out to sea!"

I have quite a few favourites of Mr Henson himself, namely:

In The Making Of Labyrinth (on the subject of things you should never work with):
    "Then I tried directing Chickens!"

I have several favourites in the TV documentary OM&M, but I'll just pick my absolute fav (which I love because it is rather an understatement, esepcially the way he says it) to mention here (on the subject of other TMS puppeteers):
    "Louise has this great singing voice"
  3. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

"That chicken will never make it into show business."