1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Favorite Muppet Christmas Special

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by RC1979, Nov 24, 2012.

1. RC1979

RC1979 Member

Well, christmas is coming up. And, there are many muppet chistmas specials. What is your favorite muppet christmas special? It can be from all the muppet movies,shows, and specials. Mine is "A Muppet Family Christmas".

2. Vincent L

Vincent L Well-Known Member

Mine, too. And can someone move this to the Classic Muppets section?

3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

mine is its a very merry muppet christmas movie

4. RC1979

RC1979 Member

All the parts of a muppet family christmas

I belive these are also uncut.

5. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I'm partial to the John Denver & The Muppets: A Christmas Together. No other Christmas Muppeting beats that soundtrack!

6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Mine is A Christmas Toy, a lot of risk taking with the story and an amazingly moving soundtrack.

7. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

My favorites are A Muppet Family Christmas, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Elmo Saves Christmas, The Muppets: Letters to Santa, The Bells of Fraggle Rock, and Elmo's Christmas Countdown.
    They are all great holiday specials and movies, in my opinion. :)

Dominicboo1 likes this.
  8. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Muppet family Christmas...Jim Henson doing dishes at the end always brings a tear to my eye...though I like a very Merry Muppet Christmas a lot too....though its got parts that don't work right for me somehow...but otherwise I really like it...classic muppet theater.....some great humor...and the scene where kermit scenes with Gonzo is great...though I wish there was more music....

9. TommyDay

TommyDay New Member

Mine is 'A Muppet Family Christmas' too, and I just put together a soundtrack download yesterday!

10. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

I'm gonna say A Muppet Family Christmas is my favorite, but John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together follows really close behind.

11. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Muppet Family Christmas!!!

12. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

I couldn't say no to this special. I love watching the Henson christmas classics. I will say that Rugby is my favorite, but what got me my heart strings was when Mew (yeah the cute cat toy) was frozen (or dead). Mew was cute too. So, yeah thsat was always my favorite.

heralde likes this.
  13. Mark Johns

Mark Johns Active Member

Hands down its Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas. I actuall skipped school in the 2nd grade so I could stay home and watch it on HBO in the morning. in 1986.

14. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

My absolute favourite is A Muppet Family Christmas! I've loved it since 1987, when it first aired.

15. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Me too, Piggy the Frog! That will always be number one on my favorite muppet christmas specials. The ctossovers, the songs, oooooh Fraggles, everything. The Jim Henson cameo was sweet and it could get you misty-eyed. Merry Christmas everyone!

16. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Don't know how much longer it will be up, but there's a poll on The Paley Center for Media's website asking what your favorite Christmas special is. John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together is one of the choices!

http://www.paleycenter.org/
    (Scroll down to the bottom)

17. robodog

robodog Active Member

A Muppet Family Christmas. I also used to watch Emmet Otter every year but I haven't seen it since I was a kid.

18. Grifoshka

Grifoshka Active Member

My favorite special is A Muppet Family Christmas, but my favorite Christmas episode (from any show I've seen) is The Bells of Fragge Rock. It has that warm and festive feeling, manages to be multicultural and goes well with the main subject of the show.

19. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I have to go with A Muppet Family Christmas, because seeing all the characters together is so much fun!

Twisted Tails likes this.
  20. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

^what charlietheowl said.
    I've loved AMFC since I was about five years old. Putting together all the characters from the classic shows that Jim Henson was involved with (TMS :):sympathy::mad::o:concern::confused::eek:;):sing::fishy:, SS :wisdom::grouchy::batty::search::insatiable::super::(:p:laugh:, & FR :smirk::dreamy::excited::coy::sigh::busy::drool: ) was simply genius.