1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Favorite Romantic Muppet Moment

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Fraggline, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Hola, everybody!

I know I'm kinda new to this forum, and I hope nobody minds if I start a thread:
    What are some of the most romantic scenes, in your opinion, that the Muppets have done?

...well, if you've read many of my posts so far, then you know that flip-dee-doo I've got quite a few (or at least a few) scenes that I like. Here's one:

In MTI, when Captain Smollet and Benjamina Gunn [maybe I misspelled their names] reunite, Benjamina, who can hardly breathe due to excitement, squeals, "Smolly, can it be you?" And Captain Smollet says, in the calmest, Kermitiest, but most lovingly way, "Benjamina..."
    :flirt:
    I love that one!
  2. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Well, if humans count, Maria and Luis' wedding. If not ... Kermit and Piggy's in MTM. Also, when Gobo is down with the Pebble Pox and Red is getting frustrated caring for him, I somehow find that to be a very romantic moment.
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  3. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

Floyd kissing Janice after Act Naturally always makes me go "Awwww..." :flirt: Actually, any scene with Floyd and Janice being close is always cute.

Also, when Boober kisses Mokey after Pass it On when she gives him the fraggle pebble in MFC. Or vice-versa, the episodes (Not Without a Hat and Marooned) where Mokey kissed him. I've only seen the first two seasons of FR but I love shipping them. Same with RedxGobo, as seen in my sig. I hope there's more scenes like that in the later seasons. :3
  4. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

"Love in a Laundromat." Gonzo and Camilla get all snuggly in Disney's Laundry Land.

Maybe they could double date with Boober and... hmm?
  5. bingboingcutie

bingboingcutie Active Member

:excited::mad:: U R right, Maria + Luis wedding is so romantic--seeing as how we can hear their thoughts, I think there were lots of confused kids out there...

WhiteRabbit-- I coudn't agree with you more! Janice and Floyd are just the SWEETEST! Everything they do is so
    "awe-inspiring. It make you want to go, 'Aww...' "" --:attitude: the eagle

I've got to say it is pretty romantic at the end of MTM, as the show is going on and we see backstage, as Ronnie and Jenny are holding hands... Yo se (I think).. I feel that they were both were in love and didn't want to say it...I don't know, perhaps it was since they were only two humans in room (in wedding-like garb, ya must admit)...but ANYTIME anyone is holding hands...
  6. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Boober and Mokey are really sweet together! I read on Muppet Wiki that it was Gobo who loved her...but, no offense to the writer of the article, it's just that I think I have some doubts...

Also, what does it mean to "ship" something? Sorry I don't know.
  7. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Well-Known Member

Gobo and Red are OTP, yo. <3 (One True Pairing. :3)

It's okay. xPP I use too much internet lingo sometimes but shipping is basically the the same thing as pairing. 'Ship= shortened version of relationship.
  8. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

As I recall, it started with the Pokemon franchise, with Rocketshipping, since the hybrid of "Rocket" and "relationships" seem to go together rather well. A whole informal industry sprang up to "ship" just about everyone from then on out, LOL.
  9. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Cool! Thanks to you two, I know a new word!:D
    Now, where to use it first...?
  10. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Okay, here's one of my favorites:
    At the end of "Mokey's Funeral," Boober apologizes to Mokey and says he really liked her poetry. Later, the two take a ride in The White Bird, and Boober rows while Mokey recites the poem that was scorned before. Also, in the shadowy foreground, you can see Gobo with his arm around Red.

This is one of the reasons, besides "Ragtime Queen," that I love the episode so much! :3 :flirt:
    Muppetfan44 likes this.
  11. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

12. MerryCakes

MerryCakes New Member

My favorite romantic scene in the Muppet Show is where Miss Piggy and Kermit are bicycling together . . . I can't remember what movie or episode that was in . . . any ideas?
  13. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

That's from The Great Muppet Caper, their second feature film. :) :mad:
  14. zns

zns Active Member

"The First Time it Happens". :):mad:
  15. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

For me nothing beats the entire wedding at the end of Muppets Take Manhattan. I even used to use the lyrics from that scene when I played with my Barbie dolls, lol.
  16. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Ditto!:confused:

(now, can anybody find the muppet hint? it's in the same movie.)
  17. bingboingcutie

Got it!

"...and there's the slightest possible chance that somebody might get killed. So if anyone wants out, they should say so now."

"I'm out."
    "I got a dental appointment"

"You see it's like this, kermit, i gotta go to work all day...":flirt::flirt:
  18. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

Awesome! I could count on you, bingboingcutie...:coy:
    ...so, do you recognize this one?
  19. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

Maybe not quite romantic, but one of the moments in Letters to Santa I really loved was when Beaker was dancing with his girlfriend, and Bunsen approaches and asks, "May I cut in?" - and begins dancing with Beaker. Such a sweet moment.
  20. bingboingcutie

Thanks so much! :) And it must be:

"In every situation there must fall a little rain, you can count on me..."