Your Favorite Romantic Muppet Moment

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not much of a romantic, but Floyd and Janice are one of my OTPs, second only to Wall-E x Eve. "Act Naturally" was one of the sweetest parts of the show! :smile:
I was thinking of adding that one, it's definitely a sweet moment, fer sure! :sing::flirt:

zoebell

Reaction score
i put this in the touching moments thread, but it's romantic too. when piggy sings to kermit in the fantastic miss piggy show special, and he starts glowing. SOOOO cute

beaker

Reaction score
Hehe. You have to wonder. I mean OBVIOUSLY back then they weren't thinking of that, but the wording is oddly suggestive, lol.
Well Richard Hunt was gay, it was a deep part of his identity. He crafted Scooter to accurately reflect how he was and felt in high school and in college. Obviously it woulda been a poop storm had they dared make any concrete statements, but Muppet historians and deeper fans get the wink and nod. It pains me not just that he left this mortal coil so early, but that his name is not very well known to most people like Henson and Oz is. His gentle, affectionate and gracious manner about his craft thankfully lives on now but I wish PBS or some channel could make a biography of his life. It's funny because Beaker is the opposite of his personality from interviews Ive seen, so its interesting how little parts of a performer's personality come out(like Rizzo to Whitmire)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It pains me not just that he left this mortal coil so early, but that his name is not very well known to most people like Henson and Oz is.
Have you read about this book on Autism that references the Muppets and specifically Richard? Very sweet actually.

It's funny because Beaker is the opposite of his personality from interviews Ive seen, so its interesting how little parts of a performer's personality come out
We talked about this on the RHLC before, wondering if Beaker represented having a lot to say but people not always being able to understand.

beaker

Reaction score
Have you read about this book on Autism that references the Muppets and specifically Richard? Very sweet actually.

We talked about this on the RHLC before, wondering if Beaker represented having a lot to say but people not always being able to understand.
Whats the name of the book? Ive often said Henson's creations/Muppets/Sesame is one of the few things Ive seen that helps unlock special needs kids/adults.

Ha, thats an excellent observation about Beaker. I love the deep analytical/philosophical theories about the Muppet personality archtypes

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Whats the name of the book? Ive often said Henson's creations/Muppets/Sesame is one of the few things Ive seen that helps unlock special needs kids/adults.
It's called Breaking Autism's Barriers: A Father's Story. Here's the section I'm talking about:

"Chris also liked to spell corporate logos before he was even three years old...Some of his other logos were spelled with the words lined up exactly as he saw them, but without letter spaces:

CTW
SESAMESTREET

By age four, Chris was spelling from memory all the titles of video movies he'd watched: FOZZIE'SMUPPETSCRAPBOOK, GONZOPRESENTSMUPPETWEIRDSTUFF, CHILDRENSSONGSANDSTORIES, ROWLFRAPSODIES, COUNTRYMUSIC, ROCKMUSIC, MUPPETTREASURES, TELETUBBIES, WISHBONE, BARNEY...

This child could remember any words he saw! He once spelled the words 'Richard Hunt.' 'Who's Richard Hunt?', I asked. Jae didn't know either. Well, we were watching a Muppet Movie later and happened to notice that the twentieth character printed on the credits was Richard Hunt. For some reason that caught his eye and he remembered it! I found myself looking at him in amazement. His ability to spell and remember words was incredible."

beaker

Reaction score
It's called Breaking Autism's Barriers: A Father's Story. Here's the section I'm talking about:
Amazing!

I actually got to meet and talk with Richard's two sisters. They were very excited to be at muppetfest and started talking to me because of my Beaker pin on my jacket. Im so happy to see Richard's characters become such big hits with people, but now its even better that his signature Scooter is back in the spotlight

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know, pretty eerie, right? So in a way, he is being remembered! :wink:

I actually got to meet and talk with Richard's two sisters. They were very excited to be at muppetfest and started talking to me because of my Beaker pin on my jacket.
That's very cool that you got to meet them!

Im so happy to see Richard's characters become such big hits with people, but now its even better that his signature Scooter is back in the spotlight
I have to admit what finally made me decide to eventually see the new movie was a chance to see Scooter finally get some attention again, hehe. :wink: