1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Favorite Romantic Muppet Moment

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Fraggline, Dec 22, 2010.

1. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

has fozzie ever had a love interest?
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Have you seen the Raquel Welch episode? Hehe :o
  3. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

yeah, but other than that, i mean- gonzo has camilla at least, floyd has janice, kermit and piggy of course...it just seems with fozzie being one of the big four and all they should have given him somebody over the years
  4. heralde

Well I mean after you've had a Raquel Welch moment it's hard to move on, lol. ;)

But seriously that's a good point about Fozzie not having anyone. I guess his character is sort of the insecure best friend who doesn't develop relationship as easily as the others.
  5. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

Well, you could maybe give Annie Sue to Fozzie, I mean she's a sweetheart and so is he <3
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  6. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

I think confidence is a key reason why you never see Fozzy in a relationship. I mean, comparing Fozzy and Gonzo, they both go on stage and make absolute fools of themselves every show, but Gonzo has self-confidence in spades, while Fozzy has almost no self-confidence, making him an easy target for :sleep:&:boo:. Gonzo certainly fancies himself a ladies man, and every once in a while a female guest star will even get the hots for him, and it all comes down to confidence, just like in real life. Maybe if Fozzie had a little more confidence he'd get the girl.
  7. bingboingcutie

bingboingcutie Active Member

THANK you! I've thought the same thing about TMS Scooter all along. No wonder I like him so much. That's exactly who I am, too.

A really romantic moment I liked: the whole conversation between Maria and Big Bird when Maria and Luis discovered that they were in love. It's so funny seeing how they incorporate Maria's side of it, too. You can tell how hard it is for her to explain the romance to a six-year-old muppet, who just doesn't get any of it at all. I'll see if I can find a link.
    heralde likes this.
  8. bingboingcutie

It's from 42:37 to 47:37:
  9. bingboingcutie

It would, wouldn't it? I don't think there's a smug, is there?
  10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Er... We do already have :smirk:, if that helps.

BTW: A moment I like is when Linder Rönstadt sings I've Got A Crush to Kermit.
  11. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Wow, that's such a sweet moment. I've never seen that episode before. :super:
  12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

It was common in late 60's folk/rock hippy bands for the girl in the band to have "been with" several of the other male members.
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Thanks. You seen this?

14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

George Tekei did not create the character of Sulu. Hunt created Scooter, and stated several times Scooter represented how he felt as an awkward teenager in high school. So just saying it's different than the character of Sulu. According to the official Muppet style guide, Scooter is around 14 years old...often the time any teen kid feels awkward. The new film The Sitter deals with a 13 year barely coming to terms with his sexuality. The only real time we get anything in the Muppet Show that could point to something is Scooter fawning over Stallone with all the fangirls backstage. I mean he reallllly likes Stallone, even if it's a mere fanboy thing. Anyways, regarding "alternate universe" in VMX, the Twin Towers still stand in NYC during a scene with Kermit and Piggy, so who knows what is to be gleaned from those scenes.

All I'm saying, is that I could see an argument for Scooter possibly being gay much more than the "Bert and Ernie are gay" argument regardless of the true nature of the character. Then again, in another interview Hunt said he based Scooter off a school yard friend of his...so who knows.
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

AMAZING! Love that song...another reason why M@WDW remains one of my TOP fave Muppet productions ever
  16. heralde

Well it's likely one of the writers created Scooter and that Richard contributed his own experiences to the character's personality.
  17. bingboingcutie

We do? I always thought he was a "smirk". Oh well; Link'll have to be "proud".

Definitely one of the cutest moments I've seen. I also like Gina's song with Big Bird on the day of the wedding. Not romantic, per say, but very cute.
  18. bingboingcutie

Aww, that would be so cute!!
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  19. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Doesn't Fozzie have Beth who snuggled with him in the co-ed caves in Maine? Or Dora from the last issue of Family Reunion from the Muppet comics? Oh well, to each their own. :coy:
    bingboingcutie likes this.
  20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yeah that's what I meant...that's the dynamic used for so many of the beloved characters...that and the ol "um, uh...here, youre going to be this guy"(Kevin Clash's Elmo) I wish there was a documentary that went into Bonnie Erickson, Don Sahlin, etc
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.