1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Favorite Series 5 Figure is...

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Phillip, Sep 23, 2003.

?

What is your favorite action figure from series 5?

Poll closed Dec 22, 2003.
  1. Gonzo in Purple Tux and Camilla

21 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Janice

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Muppet Newsman

9 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Pepe

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Janice Repaint

2 vote(s)
    4.2%

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Thought it might be nice to do a series 5 poll now that the figures are beginning to arrive. After you vote, let us know why you choose your favorite over the others. What was it about your favorite that put it over the top?

Our Palisades release schedule contains the latest info on upcoming releases and on-line retailers.
  2. Thijs

Thijs Member

I chose the Janice Repaint. Not that I collect repaints, but Janice is the best looking of them all, and the repaint is the best looking of the two Janices. But it was hard choosing, series 5 is so great. Only good looking and cool characters.
  3. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

Sooooo.... series 5 is out?
  4. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

I voted for Gonzo since I LOVE the Camilla and the Gonzo looks great!
  5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I voted for the Newsman.
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Gonzo got my vote of course. Love him! :concern:
  7. camax

camax New Member

GEEZ, hard question! All the Muppets look so gorgeous now.

I did have to vote for Pepe, because it is so good to finally see him out! The accessories are great. The one thing I would have changed on him, is putting his eyelids down some, so he could have that sort of rascal expression he normally carries about, okay?

Gonzo is beautiful, but Pepe barely beat him!

:rolleyes:

~Cam
  8. bats1972

bats1972 New Member

I am going to vote for the Newsman, I don't have them yet but I am excited to get the Newsman.
  9. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

I havent got them yet but I voted for the muppet newsman because I love Jim Henson's characters and have been waiting for him to come out. 2nd on my list would be Janice, or maybe a tie between the 2 of them. :)
  10. scooter289

scooter289 Member

I chose Janice because I thought it would be rully groovy to have her and complete the band. Plus the figure's looking pretty awesome. Fer Sure Rully!
    :flirt:
  11. scooter, I like the way you think! :D
  12. Thijs

Thijs Member

If I could change my vote I would change it to the newsman. i've seen some closeup pics, and the Newsman is totally awesome
  13. Kermie81

Kermie81 New Member

Gonzo and Camilla

I voted for the cutest Muppet couple :concern: and camilla!!

I love those two together. How could you not....a whatever and a chicken
  14. Telly

Telly Active Member

I voted for Gonzo in the purple tux. Pepe's in a VERY close second!!!! Janice lost points because my figure had paint splotches on the back of the leg so I didn't notice it when i bought her and plus one of her legs is shorter than the other so it's hard for her to stand on her own without the base. The Newsman was WAY cool but I didn't much care for the stickers for the backdrop. The thing that put Gonzo in the lead of Pepe was the accessories. I'm so in love with the fact that Gonzo came with a bugle or horn or whatever that is that he used at the beginin of the episodes of the Muppet Show. Plus it's very cool that Camilla's not forgotten! She kinda got pushed back ever since Jim Henson passed away and Rizzo's been pukshed forward.
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Some people are reporting figure legs being different sizes when they are actually meant to be posed with one leg in front of the other. Could that be it?

These aren't supposed to be stiff poses. These figures are intended to have a living breathing appearance so they have slight weight shifts. Janice's left (the viewer's right) leg is supposed to be in front of the other. You will see one leg is bent more than the other. This is all intentional.

I'm waiting for someone to note a problem with Gonzo's shoe not being flat. Scooter is a good example of what they are trying to avoid with the legs. They are a little too even and symmetrical, but that was the design to ride his skateboard. Each figure gets a different treatment. Hope this helps your enjoyment of Janice. Tell me if it works. Her legs are ball jointed so she should be able to stand on her own. Her legs are pretty skinny so it might take a little patience. I put a dab of kneeded eraser under each heel to give her a little tack. This worked for series one Piggy. :flirt:
  16. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

I just managed to stand Janice up without the stand, she stands up better than my series 1 kermit with the stand. Its pretty clever as her legs are so skinny and she can stand up without a stand. :)
  17. Fozzie54

Fozzie54 New Member

Pepe's eyes

Does anybody else's Pepe figure have smaller pupils than he does in the pictures on the package? I don't know if they're supposed to be like that or if I got a weird one. :confused:
  18. Telly

Telly Active Member

Thanks for the info FrogBoy!!!!! I feel sheepish! :o Janice looks SOOOO much cooler without the stand, like, fer sure! It's my body mom and, like, I'll walk around naked if I want to. :flirt: I did notice Gonzo's shoe was bent like he was walking. At first I didn't care for it, but it's really no big now. I noticed at Media Play when I was buying them, it looked like there was a problem painting his nose as the other two there, the top part of his nose was white. I found one where the whole nose was painted. None-the-less, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the figures! It's so cool to have the Electric Mayhem finished (I don't really considered Toots an original member of the Electric Mayhem. It seems as if he didn't show up in the band until Great Muppet Caper. :confused:
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The photos on the packaging are from early prototypes. Pepe (the puppet) has small pupils that resemble the figure released. :rolleyes: :)

I was wondering what people would think about the leg weight shift. People who had trouble standing last year's tux Kermit could have been trying to pose him with his feet side by side. He was intended to have one foot slightly in front of the other. It took me a while to figure that out with him. :)
  20. Kinggodzillak

Kinggodzillak Member

I voted for Janice. She's one of my fav muppets and the figure is excellent. Nearly lost patience trying to get her out of the box, but once she was out I was happy. :flirt:

I only got her and the Newsman, but I did see Pepe and Gonzo in the shop too, and I think the Newsman would come in 2nd, Gonzo 3rd and Pepe 4th.