your favorite sesame street anniversary special

minor muppetz

Reaction score
what is your favorite sesame street anniversary special?

these are the specials that I now of:

Sesame Street: 20 and still counting
Sesame street's 25th birthday: a musical celebration (made for video, but also broadcast on television under the title Sesame Street jam: a musical celebration, with many clips replaced)
sesame street's all-star 25th birthday: stars and streets forever
elmopalooza
the street we live on
what's the name of that song? (made for video)

my three favorites are 20 and still counting, stars and streets forever, and the street we live on.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmm. I liked the musical celebration. I also enjoyed '20 and Still Counting.' Elmopalooza wasn't bad either.

BEAR

Reaction score
I really liked Elmopalooza a lot! I didn't realize it was so long ago but I guess it was. One of the things I really appreciated about this special was that all of the main principle Muppet characters had equally wonderful moments. They didn't cheat anyone out of their fair share. Well, I guess the one real exception would be Snuffy, who only appeared in the one music video, but had no lines. Aside from that we got our good helpings of Big Bird, Elmo, Oscar, Bert and Ernie, Telly, Prairie Dawn, Grover, Cookie, Two-Headed Monster, The Count, and even Kermit had a cameo. The special brought out the best of these characters. Baby Bear, Rosita and Zoe were there. They didn't have a whole lot of lines but just enough as they were still considered "Junior members" at the time. Bob, Susan and Gordon were even there along with Gina and Handford. Maria, Luis, and Ruthie had small cameo appearances in the music video segments. Sadly, they didn't have a larger part but atleast we were able to see them. Even classics such as Biff and Forgetful Jones had walk ons, but one of the greatest moments for me was when the Yip Yip Martians are seen as guests on the Conan O'Brien show. You can tell they really worked hard to make this special great right down to that awesome set for the finale. The finale medley was probably my favorite part of the whole thing. Very well staged and well divided amongst the cast. They included the 5 most classic and well known songs to feature the more prominant players - Big Bird, Ernie with Bert, Oscar, Cookie, and Bob with Susan and Gordon.
Grover was perfect as the taxi driver, and Prairie was well placed as the suffering "producer" of the show.
Anyway, thats enough raving from me for now.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
My favorite was 20 and Still Counting. I remember all of the celebrity cameos and how cool I thought that was!

I was also pleasantly surprised by the Street We Live On. See, the special itself was very Elmoized, BUT, the montage of something from every year at the end was totally worth it. I could go back and keep watching that on and on and on. It was cool.

I forget what it was called, but VH1 ran a Sesame Street special on music and gave their best song/moment for each letter of the alphabet. Most of it was from all the musical guest stars over the years. It was really quite good!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
My favorite was 20 and Still Counting. I remember all of the celebrity cameos and how cool I thought that was!
There were only two celebrity cameos in 20 and still counting: Ray Charles and Placedo Domingo. are you sure you aren't confusing this special with Stars And Streets Forever, Elmopalooza or What's The name Of That Song? (probably not the latter, since all celebrities in Whats The name Of That Song? are in inserts).

redBoobergurl said:
I forget what it was called, but VH1 ran a Sesame Street special on music and gave their best song/moment for each letter of the alphabet. Most of it was from all the musical guest stars over the years. It was really quite good!
I think the title was Sesame Street: A-Z.