your favorite Sesame Street counting video

minor muppetz

Reaction score
what is your favorite sesame street video that focuses on numbers?

the ones released are(in chronological order):
Learning About Numbers
learning to add and subtract
123 count with me
the great numbers game

I have seen all of them except for 123 count with me. my prefference order is the one listed above, but learning about numbers is the only really good one. learning to add and subtract has a lot of really old sketches, and the sketches are great (although I wish it had one and one make two, kermits subtraction lecutre and the addition game), but the plot is just so-so. the great number game focuses on the skits more than the plot, but all of the skits are animated and only a few skits are really good/ classic (and most of those are already included in other, better videos).

but what are your favorites?

ssetta

Reaction score
I think Learning About Numbers is the best. And honestly, I looked at "The Great Numbers Game" and it said "The Best of Sesame Street's CLASSIC cartoons!" Yeah, right, CLASSIC! What do they mean by CLASSIC? Most of the stuff on there was all from like the mid 90s. I would also recommend the CD Rom program (it might be out of print now) called "Sesame Street: Numbers." It has LOTS of old animations, and LOTS of old songs from the show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ssetta said:
I think Learning About Numbers is the best. And honestly, I looked at "The Great Numbers Game" and it said "The Best of Sesame Street's CLASSIC cartoons!" Yeah, right, CLASSIC! What do they mean by CLASSIC? Most of the stuff on there was all from like the mid 90s. I would also recommend the CD Rom program (it might be out of print now) called "Sesame Street: Numbers." It has LOTS of old animations, and LOTS of old songs from the show.
The only cartoons on The great Numbers game that i would consider classic are the one where the kids count one duck, the two toucans two-step, the alligator king, the king of 8 and pinball number count #12, and with the possible exception of the one duck cartoon, all of those have been released on better videos. two toucans two-step and the king of 8 can be found on learning about letters, the alligator king was released on elmos sing-along guessing game and the pinball number count segment was released on let's make music (which I haven't seen). other good segments on that video include lucky 13 and the last segment, which counts up to 20 (did this have any specific type of title?).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Learning About Numbers

Since only one person has responded, I figured that I would share my thoughts on learning about Numbers. This video has many classic segments, and a funny plot involving Big Bird as the host of a Numbers Show, with the count as the announcer.

This has many classic segments, like I Just Adore Four, martian beauty, the sketch where The Count hires Ernie to be an operador, the sketch where the Count counts sneezes, Two Cats, and much, much more. the only thing i don't really like is the lack of muppet segments, although the muppet segments that are there are great. very few segments are from the 1980s. this video mainly focuses on segments about numbers from 1 through 10, but ther are two skits about the number 20.