your favorite Super Grover skit

superboober

Reaction score
My vote goes to the bit where the little girl doesn't know how to turn on her computer. After Super Grover makes his usual dramatic (and painful) entrance, he proceeds to suggest:

-running and in circles and screaming at the top of one's lungs
-if that fails, hop up and down and say, "Wubba wubba" (because, you know it sounds so nice to say)

and while he once again makes a complete fool of himself doing just these, the girl realizes that turn on the power is all it takes. Super Grover takes all the credit, finds the door locked on his way out, and once again turns to the Wubba Wubba routine--as I myself would by then be doing as well.

How about all of you?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I can't remember very many Super Grover skits but there was one where a little girl had three boxes to move and Super Grover tried to use his so called super strength to lift them for her. When he failed I think he must have been thinking of what else to do and the girl figured out for herself that she could easily move them one at a time. When he saw what she had done naturally he gave himself the credit for somehow implanting the idea in her head.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
One of my favorites was the one where he tries to stop two kids from fighting, but would rather think about his mommy. There's a great mistake at the end of the sketch when he jerks his head forward and his helmet falls off, and Frank ends up having Grover rush off-camera (after his cape--in a scripted moment--tears) muttering "I need to go change!"

bigbird

Reaction score
My favorite Super Grover skit was the one where the little muppet boy thought that getting a haircut would hurt. Much to the amazement of the barber, Grover confirms the kid's fear by saying "Of course it will hurt, but you must smile thru your tears, endure the pain and bear the ouchness"! The barber then demonstrates how painless it is by cutting a piece of his own hair, then a piece of Grover's blue fur...
Grover: "You cut my fur"!
Barber: "MM Hmm, just a little bit"

The boy is now getting his hair cut with no problem, while Grover vows to spread all over the world that haircuts do not hurt as he prepares to take off, however, his cape gets caught and manages to fly thru a door. The last part has the narrator saying, "tune in next time when you will hear Super Grover say..."

Grover: "Haircuts do not hurt but crashing thru doors is quite painful"!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
There was one made in the 70s were David was to close up shop for the night and go out with Maria and Grover flies in and says he'll closes up for him. David gives him instructions and while Grover ends up doing what he says, he ends up locking himself in the store and cries Help. As a youngster I found this a bit scary and Grover ends up waiting till David & Maria comes home.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh I adore Super Grover! I haven't seen a single skit yet that I didn't like, but I believe my favorite is where he's trying to help a lost litle girl home. She steps into the phone booth, that Super Grover then picks up so he can take her home. She's like "What are you doing?" "I am taking you home!" "But you don't even know where I live!" "Where do you live?" "I live at home!" "Oh terrific, where's home?"

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Super Grover was certainly no Superman. I would of love to have seen maybe around the time the 1st Superman movie was made Grover doing his job and messing up and the Superman comes along and says move over you blue fussball! and helps out who ever needs it.