1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

your favortie Elmo special

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by minor muppetz, Oct 15, 2005.

1. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

What is your favorite Sesame Street special starring Elmo?

My favorites are Elmo Saves Christmas and Elmopalooza.
  2. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Elmo Saves Christmas all the way!!

Next would be Elmopalooza.
  3. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

I think Elmo Saves Christmas and Elmopalooza would have to be two top choices for me.

Although, CinderElmo and Elmo's Adventures in Grouchland are actually pretty good too and I think are on there a little further down the list.:)
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Here are my top five...

1. The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland
    2. CinderElmo
    3. Elmo Saves Christmas
    4. Elmopalooza
    5. Elmo's World: Happy Holidays!
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I liked Elmo in Grouchland myself.
  6. superfan

superfan Active Member

I have only ever seen Elmopalooza. Um, that one was not what I expected, but it was entertaining, nonetheless. So until I see any more, Elmopalooza is my favorite.
  7. minor muppetz

I also really liked The Street We Live On, The Best of Elmo, Elmos Sing-Along Guessing Game, and Cinderelmo. I didn't think that Elmos World: Wild Wild West or Elmosize were very good (but I wasn't expecting them to be too good, either).
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Oh yeah, I love The Street We Live On. I frogot that was a special seeing that It first aired in prime time, but was shown as a regular season episode. kind of threw me off for a minute there. I loved Elmo Saves Chrismas too, beacause unlike Elmo's World Chrismas, it had most of the cast and and the other Sesame Street Muppets on it.
  9. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

And it wasn't an Elmo's World thing.

Elmo's World only lasts about 15 minutes. I would hardly even call it a special.
  10. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

I liked "Elmo Saves Christmas," especially because of the fact that it's pre-Elmo's work. "Elmopalooza" and "The Street We Live On" were good too.
  11. Rosewood

Rosewood New Member

my favorite........

my one Elmo-based favorite was "The street we live on".
  12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Which one would you hardly consider a special, because Elmo's World Chrismas was a full lenght program, and The Street We Live on was an hour long.
  13. Elmo In Grouchland I just watched that recently all the way for the first time...
  14. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Then I'm dumb.
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Thats not true, mabye a little misinformed about A couple of Elmo Specials, but so what, and besides, you were right about Elmo's world only being 15 minuts. Learning is a lifelong journey and were all doing it here, even from each other even so don't feel bad.
  16. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Wasn't it cool.
  17. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Well, the only one I was misinformed about was the Elmo's World Holiday thing. Because it was Elmo's World, I foolishly assumed it was only 15-20 mins long like it is on the show.
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Ok, my fault. You know what, you could be right. While I have yet to see the special, I can only assume that Elmo Saves Chrismas was the better special because it was not exclusively Elmo, and after seeing enough of Elmo's World, while I like the segment, and even like Elmo, I miss the old format.
  19. The only problem about Elmo In Grouchland is that it made me cry several times lol. Seriouslly. I just could not help it.
  20. minor muppetz

I think that both Elmo's World: Happy Holidays and Elmos World: Wild Wild West are at least 40 minutes long, if not longer. I haven't seen Elmo's World: Happy Holidays so I don't know the exact lenght of time.