1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Favourite Muppet Christmas Song?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by MrsPepper, Dec 4, 2007.

1. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I would love to hear from YOU! What is your favourite song from a muppet Christmas production? It can be an original song, or a muppet version of a classic carol! I'm curious as to which ones you guys all like.

Not sure if it counts, but one of my favourites is Pass It On from Muppet Family Christmas, just because I think it's full of Christmas spirit and I adore the fraggles, and the fact that they are all wearing toques and various winter attire. :smirk:

Also from MFC, I really love it when they are doing the carol sing, and Robin sings "It's in Every One of Us". Robin is such a deep character and I have always felt very connected with him. There's just something about his little voice singing this song that makes me feel happy and want to sing along.

On the opposite side, "Marley and Marley" from The Muppet Christmas Carol is probably the coolest scariest christmas-y song ever! :sleep: :boo:
  2. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Well, I got a big kick out of the Muppets' take on The 12 Days of Christmas, of course, with Miss Piggy "hogging" the spotlight on "five golden rings."

And of course I like hearing Scooter sing "The Peace Carol" with John Denver.
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

One of my favorites is "Old Friends, New Friends" from The Christmas Toy. The part Rugby sings to Mew after he's been frozen makes me cry every time. Through his and the other toys' love, they are able to bring their friends back. :)

Also "When the River Meets the Sea" from Emmet Otter, because it has one of the most inspirational lines I've ever heard: "Patience my brothers, and patience my sons. In that sweet and final hour truth and justice will be done."

And of course, "The Peace Carol", sung beautifully by Scooter and John Denver (see my signature). ;)
  4. heralde

Hehehe! Great RHLC-er minds think alike, MN!
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Rowlf the Dog singing​

:sympathy: Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas :sympathy:

(with John Denver)​

:)
  6. Winslow Leach

Winslow Leach Active Member

I love the Electric Mayhem's version of "Little Saint Nick," on the John Denver album.

And chalk me up as another fan of "The Peace Carol."

:D ;)
  7. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

I really like Bunsen's "Room in Your Heart" from the Muppet Christmas Carol. And there is also a very special place in my heart for "Marley and Marley", because every year when I was little my best friend and I would have sleepovers and watch MCC and sing along with Marley & Marley.
  8. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I've always been touched by Bert and Ernie singing "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street myself.
  9. frogfandavid

frogfandavid New Member

Yeh , Marley & marley is a blast , "When the River Meets the Sea" is great .

Anything from the John denver christmas album is great , loved it since i was a kid .
  10. heralde

I also really enjoy "It's Christmas Time" from The Great Santa Claus Switch.

Bert and Ernie singing together, like in "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and "Silver Bells."

I also love "Keep Christmas with You" when Linda and the kids surprise Bob with their sign language version of the number. :)

And every single song on the Sesame Street album "Christmas Sing Along!"
  11. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Wow, really great answers everybody!

I do not have the John Denver soundtracks so I have not heard the Peace Carol.

However, someone mentioned When the River meets the Sea... I can't believe I forgot to mention it. I love that one, it's so spiritual and just a really great song.
  12. heralde

The John Denver CD is on BarnesandNoble.com (the 2006 version is the uncut). I highly recommend!

Yeah I mentioned "When the River Meets the Sea" before. See we do agree on something! ;)
  13. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Here is my list of my favorite Muppet Christmas songs.

1. "Twelve Days Of Christmas" by John Denver & The Muppets

2. "Have Your Self A Merry Little Christmas" by Rowlf & John Denver

3. "Little Saint Nick" by The Electric Mayhem (John Denver & Muppets Xmas Album)

4. "We Need A Little Christmas" by The Muppets (MFC)

5. "Bar-B-Que" Emmet Otter's Jugband

6. "Have Your Self A Merry Little Christmas" by Bert & Ernie (Christmas Eve on Sesame Street)

7. "Jingle Bell Rock" by The Electric Mayhem (MFC)

8. "Deck The Halls" by The Sesame Street Muppets (MFC)

9. "I Hate Christmas" by Oscar The Grouch (Christmas Eve on Sesame Street)

10. "It Feels Like Christmas" TMCC

11. "Merry Chrisrmas Baby" by Pepe (Muppets Green & Red Christmas Album)

12. "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year" by Gonzo & Rizzo (Green & Red Christmas Album)

13. "Jingle Bells" by Johnny Fiama (It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie)

14. "Deck The Halls" by The Muppets (John Denver & Muppets Xmas Album)
  14. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Me too! :p :(
  15. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

:grouchy: "I will NOT sing this song!"

:p :( Fa-la-la, la-la-la, la la la!

**giggles** That is a great muppet moment.

Aren't there two John Denver specials though? I don't know anything about it.

Hahaha, yay! **smiles** We don't disagree out of spite though, which is great. We are just opposites. Like Ernie and Bert!
  16. heralde

There are two JD specials, but only one was for Christmas. As for the Christmas CDs, there was one released in the '90s with some of the songs cut. The 2006 edition has all 13 tracks.

I should correct that it looks like it's Amazon.com that has the 2006 version (from both Amazon and third party sellers). So that's good!

Of course, the classic Sesame Street story. "I like gooey Peanut Butter. You may not like gooey Peanut Butter. Still, we like each other." Hehe
  17. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Okay, that clears up alot of confusion! Thank you! I will keep an eye out for the CD as listed in the other thread because apparantly it is worth listening to. :)

I like a marching band, you like a music box. Which one of us is Ernie and which one is Bert, though? :p :( Hmm... ><

Now a question. In the MFC carol Sing at the end of the special, what is the name of this song?

"Old friends, new friends, home with our families
    we'll be together at Christmas,
    snowflakes, sleigh bells, bringing back memories,
    we'll be together at Christmas"

it goes on but that should be enough to know the name of the song...
  18. heralde

Yeah I'd definitely recommend the CD, it's classic Muppets. As I just corrected on my post above, Amazon.com has the 2006, uncut version of the CD.

Well when I was a kid I would have said Ernie, because he was my favorite. But now that I'm older I identify more with Bert, lol. So take your pick!

The song is called "Old Friends, New Friends" and it's originally from The Christmas Toy. :)
  19. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I'll be Bernie if you'll be Ert!
  20. heralde

Hmm...does Ert like Rubber Duckies?