1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Feedback: Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Phillip Administrator

Earlier today, we unveiled our forum rules. The rules are accessible at the top of the announcements folder within our forum. We will also have these in place for new users so that they are aware of the rules from the beginning.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/announcement.php?forumid=4

We hope that these guidelines will continue to make our forum an enjoyable and beneficial place for fans to visit around the around.

Let us know if you have any questions.
  2. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Does this mean we may get a warning for muffining a thread? And/or termination for changing a topic?

What will happen to thoe who put *%^$&£ in their posts?

How many warnings before a termination? Do we get a trail and a chace to defned ourselfs?

Are we still alowed to mess around?
  3. Phillip Administrator

Does this mean we may get a warning for muffining a thread? And/or termination for changing a topic?

We usually give a warning both publicly on the forum and privately via e-mail. After that necessary action will be taken. There are extreme cases (spam, highly offensive posts, public harassment) where we need to take action immediately

What will happen to thoe who put *%^$&£ in their posts?

We will ask them to stop. If someone continually tries to work around the swear filter, appropriate action will be taken.

How many warnings before a termination? Do we get a trail and a chace to defned ourselfs?

See the first answer.

Are we still alowed to mess around?

Sure, it wouldn't be a Muppet forum without fun and zaniness. Just keep the fun within the guidelines. Most all of the rules we have had for a long time. We just wanted to put them in one centralized location as a reference for users.
  4. BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Yeesh, I'll have to remember the "*****" thing in case I get out of hand then.

And I just want to say the "We are notorious for talking about penguins, muffins, and whatnot..." was hilarious, yet true.

But my question is, if my signature did happen to be five or six lines long, would you also give me a warning?
  5. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Do these rules also apply to Josh?

:D
    J/K
  6. Phillip Administrator

In the near future, there will be a character/line limit on signatures built within the forum software. It will work kind of like right now with smilies, you can only put 5 in a post. More than 5 and you have to edit the message before it is posted.
  7. HeraLirambar New Member

About the staying on topic thing, does that apply to ze board of random randomness?
  8. Phillip Administrator

Not really, since it is a random discussion. So actually staying on topic might mean you are staying off topic in this one particular case.

:o
  9. Super Scooter New Member

I like the guidelines alright. Of course, I'm the last person to say I like on-tpicness. :) No, I know not to go too far now. It upsets people.

Anyway, there is one question that has been bugging me. In Ze Board of Random Randomness thread, do the rules about blank space still apply? Just curious. I think I know the answer, but, just thought I'd ask.

I like the rules about swearing. So, stuff like the AT sign followed by the double dollar sign would no longer be accepted, correct? Are euphemisms aloud to a certain degree?
  10. Super Scooter New Member

LOL!

Cute. Real cute.

:) ;) :) ;)
  11. FellowWLover Member

Fun within the guidelines... now that sounds like some fuuu-uuun. Whew!
  12. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Muppet Central caters to a large audience of all different age groups . It's very special that way so it's important to be careful with language. Heck, I don't much like being censored and if you talk to me off this forum you'd see a difference, but Muppet Central is a unique case. :)
  13. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Me either. I hate those annoying little black bars that appear over me at the beach. I haven't figured that one out yet.

Oh, and you said 'heck.' Bad Frogboy, bad!
    j/k
  14. Crazy Harry New Member

These rules about "respecting" others, do they apply to Byron (AKA Noodlehead, Sasquash, Hairy, Lanky…)?

EDIT; And what the &%#> is so bad about puting thses goofy little simbles in you post?

EDIT of an EDIT; Another question I forgot, A lot of times a thread where someone introduses themselves or announces their return get a little nuts. How does this fall under the stay-on-topic rule?
  15. HeraLirambar New Member

Chris, you always make me laugh! I know it's mean, but it's still funny.

Suddenly, I fear for the AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHH! thread. Can that thread stay up as long as we stick to just "destroying" things (as in NOT people)- but we don't cuss? Pweese? :halo:
  16. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Like anything in life, everyone must use common sense and deductive reasoning. The rules are not a big deal. Every forum has them. They are simply guidelines to help in sticky situations – and to help prevent them. Unless someone acts with malice they will simply get a friendly message to guide them in the right direction. Every forum has rules and many of these are suggestions from members. They have been revised several times the last nine months. I'm glad they are finally up. I’m sure there will be an adjustment period, but mostly, they are the same unwritten rules that have been in place all along. :)
  17. Crazy Harry New Member

So I can still act like a jerk?
  18. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Well, are you a good jerk or a bad jerk? ;)
  19. Luke Active Member

Why change a winning formula ? :p

The rules all look pretty appropriate to me - the things about sigs, avatars and false information are all great. Maybe a guideline on advertising pirate DVDR's/Tapes for sale rather than trade might have been good too.
  20. Zack the Dog Active Member

Yes I think the rules are fair and are normal for anything of this matter, they've pretty much always been this way.

Maybe they should be e-mailed to everyone on the mailing list or as memebers first sign up, if that hasn't already been put in place?

Oh and here's a suggestion that I try to use if things get off topic, in which it happens to all of us. After whatever little thing you type that is off topic, end your post getting back on topic so that topic doesn't feel left out. cause sometimes they feel left out,...and they cry.:( ...:confused:

Zack)Rowlf the, as long as spelling doesn't become a rule I'm happy!:) oh wait what's all that I before E except after C stuff again?...ohhhhh!:o ...Dog.