1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Feedback: Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jun 12, 2003.

1. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

my question is, are these rules that were kept up before, but weren't written down, or is there something that was tolerated before that will not be tolerated?

Sarah

I tried to make this post as unconfusing as possible, but I doubt it made sense...:o
  2. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

That's what I say about all my posts. And everything I say in real life for that matter.
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I explained that in a previous post. The old forum had guidelines, but we never transferred them. We clarified a few and added some in-depth concerns that members have been having (excess lines used in posts etc).

So most of this isn't new. They are regs that MC has had all along - just clarified. And if you cross the line you get smacked with a rubber chicken or get on the list for a drive by muffining!

Seriously, the regulations are not a big deal. It's really difficult to get the boot from MC. Nobody really wants that. It's basically about mutual respect and treating others the way you'd want to be treated. You of all people probably don't need to worry about it. ;)
  4. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

is that a challenge? ;)

Sarah

ok thanks for clearing that up...seeing it written seems to make it official, and dangerous!..haha

we have had some problems in the past couple months.....they were all dealed with, and I am very pleased with the speed of the mods! there have been problems come and go that I have no idea that happened until later

*gives mods round of applause*
  5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Now, what exactly is meant by "false information?"

Alot of times we'll say something false just jokingly. Like, recently one member jokingly said that Sweetums was controlled by barb wire. Now, it's obviously not true, but, how far is too far?
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Um, that was me by the way.
  7. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Yeah, I didn't want to give out a name just in case you got in trouble!
    :) ;) :) ;) :)
  8. Beauregard

9. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Does "I have jello in my ear" count as false information?
  10. Beauregard

I think we are getting off topic.
  11. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I wonder what would happen if I clicked Beauregard's Repot to moderator button?
  12. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Regarding going off topic. It's okay to nudge your way out a little bit if you get back on, but what if the question has been posted and the full answer has been given? Can we just go ahead and do what we do best?! LOL!!
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Yeah. It's just an issue of common sense. We all get off topic, but if it stays on that path too much, an alternate thread should be formed and the user can easily provide a link to it. :)
  14. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I thought we were on topic. Isn't it possible to stay on topic and make idiots of oursevles at the same time?
  15. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I think you just did.
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think you would classify 'false information' as anything you write that isn't obviously a joke and could be taken seriously by other people. For instance making up news releases and posting them as fact, or like with the Palisades forum the other day - some guy said that Series 4 had arrived at his local Target and lots of people spent their hard earned spare time and money taking a trip to their local stores too.

Basically here we rely on trust and what each other find and report for Muppety information. If hoaxes happen and they are serious ones then we'll start to question that trust a lot more and it'd probably lead to anyone but the most well known members getting heavily interogated about any news they post, and i guess that'd put them off posting any more they find later so it would lead to a bad atmosphere here and less people willing to share their info.
  17. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

My point exactly!
  18. Beauregard

I think that we all just need to use our commen sense, and everything will be fine. I mean one harmless post about Sweetums being cotroled with bull-whips is different to posting that The Jim Henson Company has just been bought by Disney. (DISCLAIMER: The Jim Henson Company has NOT been bought by Disney.)

Same with going off topic.
  19. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Yes, common sense is the key. As we have talked about before, it you want to make a joke, put it in the "Fun and Games" folder.
  20. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Okay. Thanks.