1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Feedback: Forum Rules

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Cinniman seats?
  2. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

Yes, cinniman seats. :confused:
  3. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Mmmm...cinammon seats.

I think the rules are just fine. People seem to be thinking that they're really oppressive or something. But in fact, the most common complaint I hear about MC is that they don't kick people out FAST enough for their tastes. Every attempt at grace is given here, and it's only the consistently, deliberately belligerently ones that have anything to worry about. Again, it's just common sense.

Now if you'll excuse me, suddenly I'm feeling hungry.
  4. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Quarter sacks?
  5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

pushing the rules...

Quarter cents.

Porter scents?
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Common sense is the key? In that case, the doors around here will remain locked!

:crazy: :o ;)
  7. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

We're gonna go through plenty o' Bounty around here. It's common sense on a roll.

I AIN'T PUTTIN' NO COMMON CENTS UP THERE!!! THEM'S DIRTY!
  8. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

How is it that a discussion on MC forum rules and courtesies about staying on topic gotten so far off topic? :confused: :attitude: (gentle nudge)
  9. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

hey phil, if i feel like making fun of myself, would that be okay?.....

ryan
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm stepping in the middle of this silliness to coax members to pose real questions and post the off-topic or humorous comments in another thread. Some people may have real concerns that are getting lost. Thanks.

Much work went into the guidelines to make them simple, friendly and to the point. Once again, these rules are more of a helpful guide than a rigid wall of don'ts. Nobody is in jeopardy of being kicked off the board if they slip up. Such cases are very rare and such action is never taken lightly. I don't mean to lessen the importance of the guidelines. I just felt the need to put it in perspective. These are the same unspoken principles moderators have always used. The intention here is to be helpful rather than heavy.
    :)
  11. BoyRaisin2

BoyRaisin2 Active Member

See? Amazing isn't it?
  12. Mark Filton

Mark Filton New Member

Hey everybody, just be nice and treat your friends here like you would like to be treated, as well :D

Politeness is not so serious...IT IS NATURAL :)

Nobody likes the Grouch all the time :grouchy:
  13. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Our forum rules have been updated with a new guideline concerning DVD/VCD/VHS trades and promotion.

If anyone feels like a member of our forum is breaking these guidelines in a post, feel free to quote the above rule. Notify a moderator as neccessary if such behavior continues.

If you have any comments on the new video guideline, please post them here.
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Isn't that breaking confidentiality or something? Sending the records on, I mean.
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Everything on the forum is public so bringing such posts to our attention doesn't violate any confidence. We appreciate certain freedoms on Muppet Central and any bootlegged media could potentially jeopardize the forum. Not to mention that such actions outlined by Phillip are illegal under copyright law. We will usually see the items first, but it's always good to have some help.
  16. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

I think it's a good move to make those rules.
  17. jediX

jediX Active Member

Just so everything's clear and random arguments/disputes don't pop up, what IS allowed to be traded, video-wise?
  18. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

My opinion is that if you want to trade tape-for-tape (on whatever format you prefer) without any money involved, then it's more acceptable from Henson's perspective. We are just trying to prevent people from selling their personal VHS/VCD/DVD material here on the forum or promoting their eBay auctions trying to make a fast buck off homemade, unofficial releases.
  19. jediX

jediX Active Member

Phew...I thought you were banning tape-for-tape trading of unreleased Henson items (IE something like, say, Muppets go to the Movies). The 'unreleased' comment kinda threw me off.
  20. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I think its a very fair rule and most of us go up in arms when someone does that anyway. Now instead of a long debate we can just quote the rule.