Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio on Live365

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the Henson song Tick Tock and the LP The Countryside, including when it was recorded?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's some info on both "Tick-Tock Sick" and "The Countryside"...

According to Karen Falk, Archivist for The Jim Henson Company: "A 45RPM record was recorded under the Signature label ('A product of Hanover-Signature Record Corp.'). The main song was called 'Tick-Tock Sick" and the flip side had a song called 'The Countryside'.

Both were written by Jim, and we have his typed lyrics for 'Tick-Tock Sick' in the archives. At the time Jim made the recording, he was living in Washington, DC and performing Sam and Friends on local television as well as making appearances on variety shows and making commercials for various products. It is not clear that 'Tick-Tock Sick' was used for anything in particular, but it sounds like it may have accompanied puppet performances on Sam and Friends or a variety show.

The theme of the song, the relentlessness of time, was later explored by Jim in his 1964 short film, TimePiece, and touched on again with the thirteen hour clock in Labyrinth.

Jim Henson accomplished an amazing amount in his life, but given the large number of files on unrealized projects that are in the archives, he clearly didn't have enough time to do all that he wanted to do. And 'Tick-Tock Sick' tells us that he was already feeling the crunch just six years into his career."

BEAR

Reaction score
Okay, I think I figured out a way to listen to MC Radio without having to pay the fee. Here is my question...in the window showing the playlist, there is a link that says "buy" next to the songs. If I click on it, does that mean I can save the song to my computer? And how much is each song?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Muppet Central Radio is free for everyone. You can pay to become a VIP if you want higher sound quality and ad-free listening. But everyone can listen with ads free of charge. That's the way it has always been. MC pays the royalties through Live365 so that you can listen for free.

Clicking on the "buy" link just takes you to Amazon, Best Buy or MSN if the album you are listening to is currently in print.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil... Have some questions over in the Strange Occurrences thread, should I ask 'em here instead?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Hello.

It's a piece where everybody introduces themselves and it just fades out. it doesn't indicate what LP it was off of. anyone know anything else on it?

Erine81981

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
It's a piece where everybody introduces themselves and it just fades out. it doesn't indicate what LP it was off of. anyone know anything else on it?
Mike it's the 45s. As in the little ones. It's from the first record of Sesame Street but it wasn't inclued on the 33s and a 3rd. I have most of the little records. I would love to have it as an mp3 but can't at the moment.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
The tag on the song says "Sesame Street Theme / Hello" meaning as was mentioned that it was from a 45 single. The "Hello" track you heard was only released once on the very first Sesame Street 45 and never released again. There is an alternate version of "People In Your Neighborhood" from 1970 that was released on a 45 as well but never on an LP. Both play on Muppet Central Radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.