Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio on Live365

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't cost anything to listen to Muppet Central Radio. You will hear ads in the audio stream and get pop ups. You can optionally choose to pay Live365 about $3 a month to eliminate the pop up ads and ads in the audio stream. It will also always guarantee you access to the station (there is a free listener limit to how many people can listen at one time). Keep in mind, all of this is optional. If you want to pay the $3 or so for those features you can, but Muppet Central Radio has always been free to listen.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
O.K., I see. I got an e-mail about billing information a week okay, so that's why I was wondering. I was worried I might get arrested for listening to the system when I couldn't afford it. Lol. But I guess I'm alright. Thanks, Phil.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like you signed up for the VIP/Prefered membership instead of the free login.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I wonder: does it cost anything to run a Live365 station like MC Radio? :confused:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Muppet Central Radio currently costs about $30 a month to broadcast via Live365. Smaller stations do cost less. It really depends upon how much storage space you need and how many free listeners you want to allow at a time. Music royalty payments are included in your monthly bills to Live365.

Check out this page for an overview...

http://www.live365.com/broadcast/index.live?1069087101751

If you would like more info on broadcasting, let me know and I'd be happy to help answer any questions that you might have.

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Cool, I was wondering if the thumbs up/down actually made a difference or not.
I've noticed some super tunes and I always give the thumbs up when I hear them.
Sometimes, I hear a great song then I go to see what it is the playlist it's blank. :frown:
It's like the list locks up, but the music still going. Then I have to close it and restart the player again.

Anyhoo, the old Sesame Street and Muppet show stuff is EXCELLENT!!
I LOVE ALL THE DISCO STUFF!!!
It's awesome! I can't get enough... :big_grin:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you right-click on the blue playlist window and choose "refresh", the screen should re-load to it's current place. This sometimes happens after you have been listening for a few hours.

The thumbs up, thumbs down feature does indeed make a difference. I check the entire playlist monthly to see how people are responding along with adding new music on a regular basis.

Spicy Bubbles

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you'll be able to answer these questions or not, but I figured it was worth a shot.

First, where did you get the songs from Muppet 3-D? Is there a CD out somewhere or something, because I love 'em!! I have a friend who visits Disney World on a regular basis and if there's a CD, I'll have him pick one up for me.

Second, how did you get the skits & songs from the shows into a format like this? Again, I would love to have some of The Muppet Show skits & songs on a CD, and I was curious if there's a way to go about doing it?

I love Muppet Central Radio, it makes my work days so much more enjoyable & easier to tolerate. Thank you, Mr. Chapman, thank you so very much!!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Muppet Vision instrumental tunes were donated to the station earlier this year. Unfortunately the songs were never available on CD.

Most of the unreleased tunes (not on CD) I have mastered one-by-one from the best source material that I have whether that be LP, cassette or VHS. I've been working on some new songs that will be airing in 2004 by the way.

Our Christmas music will begin in the rotation this Friday and continue through Christmas Day. We will play Christmas music non-stop for five days from December 21-25.

Status
Not open for further replies.