1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 3, 2003.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

As announced earlier today, phase 1 of our Muppet Central Radio updates are now in place. Here is a summary of the updates that were announced.

1. Every song has been re-recorded to optimize the overall sound of the station.

2. The sound quality of the stream has increased 50% while remaining accessible for users of dial-up and higher.

3. Full track listings including artist, title and album/show are on every song.

4. Transitions from one song to another should be greatly improved for all users.

I tried to find the right balance of keeping the stream at a small bitrite, but significantly increasing the quality for all users. Keep in mind, this is only phase 1. Phase 2 will be rolled out in a couple weeks and include more enhancements. I will announce the purpose of the phase 2 upgrade after it is complete.

Let us know your thoughts and feedback on the latest additions.

Click here to listen to Muppet Central Radio...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/index.shtml
  2. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

question

i know this is an odd one...but if you turned it off at midnight...did that mean you did it all at night? shouldn't you sleep?

Sarah
  3. Phillip

I uploaded the files throughout the night while I was sleeping. :sleep:

Figured many in the US would be sleeping too, so it was the best time to take the station off-the-air for 10-12 hours.

Got up early this morning to check on the progress. Then rolled it out about six hours later after everything was ready to go.
  4. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

oh...sneaky phil...hehe

Sarah
  5. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Lovin the added source credit, very nice.

What bitrate are the files encoded at? The compression artifacts are more audible now that the material is coming over a wider stream and with a higher frequency. The lower stream bitrate and frequency before used to muffle the audible compression that comes across with the MPEG technology. Overall though, there is a fuller sound.
  6. Thijs

Thijs Member

Great work Phil. The quality is much better.
  7. Phillip

They are 24k with a full frequency response up to 20,050 Hz. Before they were streaming at 16k and topped off at a frequency response of 11,025 Hz.

I experimented with going up to 32k (56k modem minimum), however, the quality jump wasn't as significant as going from 16k to 24k. I also didn't want to alienate some of our dial-up users.

In case you missed it, here is some other technical info about the phase 1 updates.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=102511#post102511
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

It's fantastic quality, but on my dial up connection over here on a 33.6kbps (yes i need to get a cable modem soon) the sound breaks up every 8 seconds or so. Maybe it's just that little bit slower internationally.
  9. Is it easy to get MC radio?

I mean, I used to have it a while back, then last time when I went to go get it again, ya had to register through email or some'in', and it seemed too difficult to try (and I can be rully lazy at times). :o

Just curious if has lotsa steps, and if yer email'll get spammed.
  10. Phillip

Byron,

You do need to register to listen, but your e-mail address will not be given out for any reason. I recommend you use the default Live365 player for the best sound. It's a very small plugin and you only need to install it once. I think you will enjoy all the Janice and Mokey tunes once you sign up.
  11. Huh, I clicked on "listen", and it's already up somehow...weird. I'll just keep it playin', lol. :p
  12. Ah, but ya need to register to rate tracks.

Got it.

:cool:
  13. It is on 24 hours, he was sayin' he took it off just so he could engage Phase 1. :)
  14. Luke

Luke Active Member

It's actually better here at night, i guess when theres less net traffic. It was fine for ages, only started breaking up on rare occasions when the title java applet refreshed, so good news. It is a fantastic resource - great choice of songs, great quality - excellent stuff !

I did notice something that maybe Phil can check out - i was listening to Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, and it ended and went straight into 'Anything Muppets - My Home' but on the display it said that the Muppets Tonight theme was supposed to have played inbetween them, but it didn't. Wierd !
  15. I heard the MT theme.

You're weird.

:p
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

Oh like we didn't know that already. You heard the MT theme ? I must have had a 47 second attention lapse, i swear i never heard that song. I even remember the sequeway between yellow brick road and my home cos i love YBR. Jeez - the aliens might as well come and take me back to the mothership now. You can go first on the probing couch though Byron. :o
  17. Nah, you can keep the couch. ;)

Hey, anyone who knows, what's this "wishlist" thing? Cause I accidentally put one on mine (apparently) that I don't really want.

And where are the fruits of our ratings shown? Or are there any? lol :p

And what if you rate or wishlist one more than once?
  18. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah i think an insight into how people have rated the tracks would be great - kinda a Whats Hot/Whats Not !
  19. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

ooh good idea, Luke. You could have like top ten list for every coupla weeks, or every month...that would be neat.

Sarah